• Latest reply 1 year ago by pindude80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220806_151455 (resized).jpg
20220806_135604 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Recently my Earthshaker started resetting. I thought it was the 5 volt section of the power supply. I bought the cap kit to recap the power supply. Before I recapped it I wanted to have some baseline readings to do a before and after comparison; see attached for before voltage readings.

It looks to me like the 12 volt is more of the culprit. Should I go ahead and recap the power supply board, will that fix the 12 volt, or is there something else I need to look at?

20220806_135604 (resized).jpg20220806_135604 (resized).jpg
#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Recapping the power supply is always a good idea if the caps are original. Even if it doesn't fix your problem it's good preventative maintenance. I don't know that will solve your problem though, I would suggest looking at BR1

Thank you very much for suggestion to look at BR1. I pulled up the bridge testing procedure on Pinwiki and found one of the legs of the bridge was completely dead! I replaced the bridge, put the board back in, and tested the game. I played a couple quick test games; no resets. I also logged my after voltages as seen below.

I'm going to go ahead and replace the caps as you suggested for good preventative maintenace.

Thanks again!

20220806_151455 (resized).jpg20220806_151455 (resized).jpg
#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

If TP3 is supposed to be 12v, 11v seems low to me, but I'm not familiar enough with System 11 to say if that's normal or not. Results speak for themselves though, if your resets are gone then it must be fine.

I think as long as it's above 10v it's not at risk of resetting. My friend and I played it quite a bit tonight, after we replaced the caps, and it didn't reset once.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-low-12-volt?tu=pindude80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.