(Topic ID: 243705)

Earthshaker - How to replace bulbs in the Earthquake Institute?

By jmhewitt

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

The grid 1-9 bulbs are very hard to reach. I've tried
* Just untwisting the bulb sockets from the back. I've used needle nose pliers to get a few but no luck on bottom row.
* Removing the institute from the bottom, but that doesn't work well because of the plastic protector at top.
* Removing the front plastic with 1-9 numbers, but the bulbs are slick and my pliers don't fit well, afraid of breaking the bulbs.

What obvious thing am I missing? I tried searching forums and google to see if this was already covered.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from jmhewitt:

The grid 1-9 bulbs are very hard to reach. I've tried
* Just untwisting the bulb sockets from the back. I've used needle nose pliers to get a few but no luck on bottom row.
* Removing the institute from the bottom, but that doesn't work well because of the plastic protector at top.
* Removing the front plastic with 1-9 numbers, but the bulbs are slick and my pliers don't fit well, afraid of breaking the bulbs.
What obvious thing am I missing? I tried searching forums and google to see if this was already covered.

you need to drop the whole assembly out from the bottom of the playfield

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

you need to drop the whole assembly out from the bottom of the playfield

This, that top plastic guard on the earthquake instatute will bend drop it out of the bottom and then change the blubs I don't recall If I had to unscrew a ramp. But I think I can wiggle it out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-how-to-replace-bulbs-in-the-earthquake-institute?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.