New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 243705)

Earthshaker - How to replace bulbs in the Earthquake Institute?

By jmhewitt

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by darcangeloel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

The grid 1-9 bulbs are very hard to reach. I've tried
* Just untwisting the bulb sockets from the back. I've used needle nose pliers to get a few but no luck on bottom row.
* Removing the institute from the bottom, but that doesn't work well because of the plastic protector at top.
* Removing the front plastic with 1-9 numbers, but the bulbs are slick and my pliers don't fit well, afraid of breaking the bulbs.

What obvious thing am I missing? I tried searching forums and google to see if this was already covered.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from jmhewitt:

The grid 1-9 bulbs are very hard to reach. I've tried
* Just untwisting the bulb sockets from the back. I've used needle nose pliers to get a few but no luck on bottom row.
* Removing the institute from the bottom, but that doesn't work well because of the plastic protector at top.
* Removing the front plastic with 1-9 numbers, but the bulbs are slick and my pliers don't fit well, afraid of breaking the bulbs.
What obvious thing am I missing? I tried searching forums and google to see if this was already covered.

you need to drop the whole assembly out from the bottom of the playfield

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

you need to drop the whole assembly out from the bottom of the playfield

This, that top plastic guard on the earthquake instatute will bend drop it out of the bottom and then change the blubs I don't recall If I had to unscrew a ramp. But I think I can wiggle it out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plymouth, MN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside