New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 90961)

earthshaker help

By freezie

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by freezie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

strange problem , during multiball my earthshaker will not quit , it just simply restarts, music changes , shaker quits , score resets to 0 and the game just carrys on like nothing changed. doesnt matter if i have drained a ball or have all three out there. i went through and tested all switches and couldnt find any issues. any ideas would be greatly appreciated !

#2 6 years ago

Possibly a switch matrix issue with the start button? Multiball might be getting enough other switch hits to get the combination that fires the credit button.

#3 6 years ago

i was thinking the same thing , but when it does it while on ball one , it doesnt add a second player , it just resets in the blink of an eye to zero and the sounds change .

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

i was thinking the same thing , but when it does it while on ball one , it doesnt add a second player , it just resets in the blink of an eye to zero and the sounds change .

Damn then. I haven't run into that kind of reset yet, good luck and I'll be following.

#5 6 years ago

When I figure it out , I will post what it was , can always help someone down the road .

#6 6 years ago

Bump for the day crew !

#7 6 years ago

Check all the connectors. Look for tarnished pins on the boards. Reseat everything. If it is doing it while it is shaking it could be a loose connection. It could also be low voltage on the power supply. I had a similar flakey issue that eventually got worse as the power board got weaker and was easier to identify.

#8 6 years ago

Good points , I did check some cables . But not all I will admit , and I'm suspicious that it's possible power supply related . I will get some time this weekend to dig in . All good suggestions so far . Thanks guys .

#9 6 years ago

Very weird , can't replicate it , but I did find yesterday , after changing every diode in the switch matrix ( sure I got them all) during multiball , at one point, left and right outlines would add a credit. I haven't been able to replicate it again .

#10 6 years ago

Played over a dozen games today , no problem . Had to have been a diode , weird I couldn't actually confirm and find it.

#11 6 years ago

I would check your voltage and see how close to 4.9 it is. That is where mine started flaking out. Not quite enough for the watchdog circuit to trip.

#12 6 years ago

I have a steady 5.1 on the power supply and a steady 4.98 on the CPU board . Definately was a switch issue . Just tough to find.

#13 6 years ago

If you swapped all the diodes, presumably you made sure no metal switch tabs were too close to any other metal object? If so, you may need to look for pinched wires somewhere that may be causing the short instead.

#14 6 years ago

seems fine now that i changed all diodes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plymouth, MN
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oviedo, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
3,100 (Firm)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gresham, OR
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside