Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by tilted81
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Trying to make sure this game will fit down my steps. Can anyone with an Earthshaker measure the head at the widest point for me? Would greatly appreciate it!

#2 2 years ago

Should be the same as on any other sys11 game, very close to sys9 and DMD games. I can send you dimensions tomorrow AM.

If in doubt, taking the head off is safer than risking cabinet damage, and it makes moving the game easier to boot!

#3 2 years ago

Measured mine quickly. 28 and 3/4.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Should be the same as on any other sys11 game, very close to sys9 and DMD games. I can send you dimensions tomorrow AM.
If in doubt, taking the head off is safer than risking cabinet damage, and it makes moving the game easier to boot!

Will the head come off completely from this game or just fold down?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Measured mine quickly. 28 and 3/4.

Thank you! At the top (widest part)?

#6 2 years ago

My doorway measures 29", can someone confirm that 28 3/4" is the widest part at the top? If so I think we are in business - thanks in advance!

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Will the head come off completely from this game or just fold down?

The head will come off completely if you undo the bolts holding the hinges. The basic design is for folding. Not impossible to remove, but a bit of effort is required.

Width of the head is the same top to bottom, the sides are straight.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

My doorway measures 29", can someone confirm that 28 3/4" is the widest part at the top? If so I think we are in business - thanks in advance!

Just measured, 28 3/4 all the way from top to bottom.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

Just measured, 28 3/4 all the way from top to bottom.

Thank you so much!! Really appreciate it!

#10 2 years ago

Leaving 1/8" on either side of the head is a recipe for cabinet damage. If it's a beater already, you could muscle it through, but if it's in nice shape, for the love of god, take the head off. It'll take you 20 minutes. I know that seems like a really daunting task if you're new to this stuff, but it is not difficult and you won't wreck anything.

Slide the glass off and lean it against a wall, safely our of the way, on a not-concrete floor. If the floor is concrete, put some cardboard or a rubber mat or a towel down.
Tilt the playfield up (remove the pinballs first if they're in there, which they shouldn't be when transporting a game!)
Undo the connectors from the head to the playfield. On Earthshaker there should be about 4 or 5 big block connectors.
Unbolt the hinges.

That's it. Carry the head in comfortably, and wheel in the lower body with adequate clearance to avoid scraping it up. (some cardboard along the sides might not be a bad idea for protection).

#11 2 years ago

Leaving 1/8" on either side of the head is a recipe for cabinet damage.

If it was a straight shot doorway I would risk it, but not stairs!

#12 2 years ago

Leaving 1/8" on either side of the head is a recipe for cabinet damage. If it's a beater already, you could muscle it through, but if it's in nice shape, for the love of god, take the head off. It'll take you 20 minutes. I know that seems like a really daunting task if you're new to this stuff, but it is not difficult and you won't wreck anything.
Slide the glass off and lean it against a wall, safely our of the way, on a not-concrete floor. If the floor is concrete, put some cardboard or a rubber mat or a towel down.
Tilt the playfield up (remove the pinballs first if they're in there, which they shouldn't be when transporting a game!)
Undo the connectors from the head to the playfield. On Earthshaker there should be about 4 or 5 big block connectors.
Unbolt the hinges.
That's it. Carry the head in comfortably, and wheel in the lower body with adequate clearance to avoid scraping it up. (some cardboard along the sides might not be a bad idea for protection).

That's the plan if it doesn't look like an easy move!

#13 2 years ago

pinbots like 30 and 3/4. Found out the hard way when I tried getting it through my 30" doorway. I always ask now if it's anything older than a dmd game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bristol, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside