You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B4D9C6C9-47C0-4EB6-A60C-919BDC203EB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0261 (resized).JPG
A6CFC0DA-D584-4024-B9D0-97434593838B (resized).jpeg
F2C361E8-9C6F-47C0-8268-14EADB91287C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimmyhonda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hello, I was playing Earthshaker tonight and all of the sudden the left flipper lost probably half to all it’s power and the upper flipper went completely dead. Everytime I hit the flipper buttons, the Playfield flashers flash? Any idea what could be going on? Thanks all!

#3 3 years ago

So I checked the EOS gap on all three flippers. Everything looks good. Now all three flippers are either very weak or don’t work. Also, when I hit the left flipper button, the flashers on the ramps flash? Any other suggestions? Thank you.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Which ramp flashers flash? The entry ones? Or does it do the strobing like you made the ramp?
Does it do it in test mode as well? Likely something is shorted to the switch matrix or a jumper wire has fallen off one of the solenoids. (Or something in the switch matrix)
Inspect all the connection points by tugging on each connection to make sure they are all secure - sometimes there's something hanging by a single strand of wire so you think it's ok, but it's not.

When I hit the left flipper button, only a few of the flashers on both ramps turn on. They do not flicker like the ramp switch was hit. Also, the flashers work normal in test mode. I couldn’t find any loose connections anywhere. I did find a loose wire that connects GI bulbs, but that wouldn’t cause the issue, would it? Any other suggestions?

#7 3 years ago

Here’s a picture of the loose GI wire I found. This wouldn’t cause the issue, would it? Does anybody know where this should go? Thank you!

A6CFC0DA-D584-4024-B9D0-97434593838B (resized).jpegA6CFC0DA-D584-4024-B9D0-97434593838B (resized).jpegF2C361E8-9C6F-47C0-8268-14EADB91287C (resized).jpegF2C361E8-9C6F-47C0-8268-14EADB91287C (resized).jpeg
#10 3 years ago

Normal Flashers.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

That wire goes there
[quoted image]

Thanks man! Hopefully that’s what’s causing the short, but I really doubt it. It can’t hurt to repair it and see. Thanks again

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

What's the voltage measurement on the flippers? Should be between 50-75 volts.

I’ll check that. Thank you.

#15 3 years ago

Weird thing is I noticed now that actually everything seems like it has low power. The slings are probably 50%. The VUKS aren’t working either? Flippers are dead or at 30-40% power. Could a bad coil cause that? Seems odd. Seems like I have a power issue. I fixed the Loose GI wire and that didn’t fix it. Any other ideas? I will check flipper voltage now. Thank you.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I wonder if you lost 1/2 of a bridge on the power supply.
Try reseating the transformer connectors a couple times down in the cabinet sometimes they get corrosion on the pins.

Tired that. Still no luck. Everything seems low on power??

#19 3 years ago

So, I’m still a newbie on a lot of this stuff. I’m learning more and more everyday. Sad to say, the only thing I know how to check is continuity. I’m not sure how to check specific voltage on things. Like where to put the setting on the dial to check voltage, etc. All I know is I turn my dial of my multimeter to the right two clicks and I can check continuity. That’s about it. Lol. Thanks for any help.

B4D9C6C9-47C0-4EB6-A60C-919BDC203EB9 (resized).jpegB4D9C6C9-47C0-4EB6-A60C-919BDC203EB9 (resized).jpeg
#23 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Put it on the one that says V with the solid line under it
Leave your leads where they are
Put the red lead on a coil lug
Put the black lead on the ground braid in the cabinet

Thanks man!! Good to know. I will check now.

#26 3 years ago

Thanks man. I think its just a fuse, but of course, I don’t have the right fuse right now. Just ordered.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimmyhonda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-flippers-losing-power?tu=jimmyhonda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.