(Topic ID: 86739)

Earthshaker etc. shaker motor for 94% off! BRAND NEW!!!

By Quietmouse

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Teknotoyz
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

circuit.jpg
weights.jpg
1ohm_2.jpg
1ohm.jpg
520-5065-00.jpg
sternboard.jpg
IMG_0027.jpg
P4060279.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kechlesurf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from Quietmouse:

I am not selling this, but I wanted to give a heads up on what I discovered while working on my Earthshaker last night. I took the motor out because it was non functioning and went to checking the brushes. One was totally wasted. I noticed tha armatures had a deep burnt spot on it as well so I might as well order a new motor. I look on Marcos and find this:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7951
$85.00 for a new shaker motor. I wasn't very surprised since everything about this hobby seems to rape my wallet, but I wanted to find a cheaper way. Mind you, I am the type of guy that believes strongly in doing things the RIGHT way, but I am also a pretty frugal bastard. So "cheaper way" basically meant I needed to find the same part for less or a set of brushes AND an armature to rebuild the motor. (which would be a bitch...the armature)
So I look at the motor and it clearly has the manufacturer and model number stamped on the Brush end:

Now, I search that manufacturer name and part number and find this:
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_2167437_-1
The identical motor for $9.95! (Follow me here because it gets better, not for me, but at least for the next guylooking for a shaker motor.)
It was about 2 in the morning and I was beyond exhausted and frustrated from working on my Pin so I ordered that puppy and went to sleep. Had to get my order over 10 dollars so I added a battery holder for few cents and my total came to around 20 bucks shipped.
Today I am looking it up again to make sure my eyes were not fooling me and I found the same motor on another site for $5.00! They will ship USPS for 5 bucks so that would be TEN DOLLARS DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR!
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Electrical/DC-Motors/DC-Fan-Motors/12-VDC-3200-RPM-JOHNSON-PM-MOTOR-10-2632.axd
(I feel like a true bonehead for not looking at the next hit under the site I ordered from last night, but I was tired and couldn't fathom finding it cheaper.)
Marcos wants about 30 bucks just for the brushes.
When I receive it I will verify that it is identical and works fine but I can see no reason why it would not.
Just though I would pass this along to anyone who needs one of the old Williams shaker motors. You still need your bracket, power supply, weights etc but the motor for ten bucks is a no brainer!
Keep it real.

I followed the link to Surpluscenter.com but it listed many different motors. Can you clarify which one is the one i need to order to fix my Earthshaker?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kechlesurf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-etc-shaker-motor-for-94-off-brand-new?tu=kechlesurf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.