(Topic ID: 86739)

Earthshaker etc. shaker motor for 94% off! BRAND NEW!!!

By Quietmouse

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Teknotoyz
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

circuit.jpg
weights.jpg
1ohm_2.jpg
1ohm.jpg
520-5065-00.jpg
sternboard.jpg
IMG_0027.jpg
P4060279.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Prefect.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago

This is similar to what I did on my BSD. Someone found a RadioShack 18v motor that fits but the speed wasn't correct. It was about twice as fast as the original So, I adjusted the speed of the motor by adjusting the voltage to the motor. My potentiometer wasn't big enough to use in parallel for voltage control (current control for torque, voltage control for speed) and putting it in series for current control does work but if you torque control the motor, it speeds up and slows down depending on the load. I ended up doing the ghetto thing of soldering like 6 3A diodes in series to step the voltage down to speed control the motor to match how fast it should be based on the papa videos. The diodes where the only thing I had on hand that would do the job. They sell boards on ebay for $5 dollars that provide variable speed control for dc motors. I'll probably put in one of those if I ever sell the machine so it doesn't look so ghetto. You found the exact copy but with a pwm board, you could easily use "non-pinball" motors and not even have to find an exact copy I would guess for most applications. Probably, the trickest part would be just slipping on and locktiting the old cog to the new motor's shaft.

ebay.com link: PWM 12V 40V DC Electric Pump Motor Speed Controller Stepless 10 100 10A

ebay.com link: 12V 24V 3A DC Motor Speed Control PWM HHO RC Controller

ebay.com link: Adjustable Regulator Pulse Width PWM DC Motor Speed Controller Switch 6V 28V 3A

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Prefect.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-etc-shaker-motor-for-94-off-brand-new?tu=Prefect and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.