• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by woofer768
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hello,

I have just brought in an Earthshaker that has a strange eject problem. The scenario is this:

Complete the zones and lock a ball in the upper lock/extra ball hole. This will trough the ball to the lower right vertical eject where it holds the ball. Plunge the next ball and shoot it into the extra ball hole again (this time not lit for a lock).

A "Match Up" animation plays and the ball runs down the trough to the eject. After the animation the ball tries to eject but cannot because the second ball is leaning on it. It might get out after 5 tries. Might not.

There does not appear to be anything wrong here though. Both the Drop hole I and 2 switches work and there does not look like any adjustments that need to or can be done in that area. All looks lined up perfectly. The eject works strong and nice when there is only one ball involved.

It feels like the eject during this scenario should be activating sooner so the ball gets kicked before the second ball gets there, like at the drop hole 1 switch, but I have never seen an Earthshaker before so I am not sure.

Any suggestions here would be appreciated. I just don't see anything.

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

SOLVED -

This actually turned out to be a design flaw that was fixed in later rom versions. I had Ver. 1 installed. My guess is that the coil that kicks the vertical eject works just fine there, when the coil is new, but after it has worn out a little, the eject ball is deflected when it tries to shoot out. With the L-3 rom the ball is kicked out at the ball drop 1 switch long before it can lean on the eject ball.

Thanks,
norman

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-eject-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.