(Topic ID: 91990)

Earthshaker early prodution or random inserts?

By FrederikFrost

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140524_170846.jpg
20140524_170839.jpg
20140524_170843.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hello folks.

i write because i have an earthshaker that looks different from what I have seen before. Is it normal or did someone mess it up?

20140524_170843.jpg20140524_170843.jpg

20140524_170846.jpg20140524_170846.jpg

20140524_170839.jpg20140524_170839.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Inserts are blank when they are installed in a playfield. The black legend is part of the silk screen process so no one "screwed up" It was intentional for whatever reason. Unless the playfield was restored with some kind of sticker set (legends worn off all/most inserts).

#3 9 years ago

So was this done intentionally by williams?

#4 9 years ago

Zone 4 and 6 numbers are the wrong font. That sun is also looking pretty demonic. Probably done afterward?

#5 9 years ago

Yeah. Also the numbers in tje bottom just say 1, 2, 3 etc. No 'xs'

So this was an earlier op messing around with it?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Yeah. Also the numbers in tje bottom just say 1, 2, 3 etc. No 'xs'
So this was an earlier op messing around with it?

I'm guessing it was an op.

#7 9 years ago

Its odd. Why would an OP do this?

#8 9 years ago

I figure, if its not something that was meant to be that way from rhe factory, i might aswell redo them some time...

#9 9 years ago

Bump for the NA crowd. Has Anyone seen anything like this before? I wondee where the OP even got it from...

#10 9 years ago

Who knows why ops do anything!

Anybody can make insert decals, it's not that difficult. My guess is they got worn, the op whipped up some home made decals.....BAM! Project done

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

the op whipped up some home made decals.....BAM! Project done

Hehe. + and +. That's lazy.

#12 9 years ago

This looks like all the original inserts were removed from the game and either had the original printing sanded off, or were replaced with blanks, then had new decals/stickers put on. Half the thickness of the black outline around each insert should be on the playfield itself, and half on the insert; that half is missing here (in addition to the strange numerals and the goofy smiley face on the sun). I'd love to know what the story here was.

Edit: I bet these were Chartpak dry-transfer letters.

#13 9 years ago

Unfortunately I can't get the story from the previous owner, as I dont have his information anymore, plus he just got it from a burger grill place, as it had stopped working - (Medium acid damage), so he had no clue about it, or pinball in general... Got it for a good price though.

Might just end up keeping the inserts this way... It's going to be a lot of work to get it sorted out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-early-prodution-or-random-inserts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.