1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JanS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JanS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Found the culprit on the interconnect board J4 pin 12. Says FL11 then heads down to J11 insert and J12 playfield. Only problem is there are no wires where it's showing pin 5 on both. Trying to follow it down to whatever is shorted out. Suggestions? All fixed. It was the moving building mod. The relay has a transistor with 3 wires. One is 10 gauge. They were shrink tubued but the bottoms of the legs weren't covered and it shorted out.

#2 1 year ago

Making some headway. If anyone can look at their states assembly mech can you verify 2 white with red lines going to the switch? All switches work just need to know. Ok if I pull J4 on the interconnect board flashlamps the game boots up fine. Plug it back in, same problem. With it pulled building doesn't move, upper upkicker so they have to be on it too as fuses are all good. With the connector pulled if I jump each pin one at a time to its female counterpart in the connector and turn on no problems. What has me confused are the white wires with the red stripes are on that flashlamp connector? If I test for continuity on the white with red line wire on the connector to the white and red line wires on the states assembly switch no beep?

#3 1 year ago

I see the same white/red stripe wire is used on J4 flashlamps and J19 lower playfield on the interconnect board. If I plug J4 back in and pull 1J12 off the CPU it will start up. Those are the solenoid drives. I do get continuity from J19 to the switches.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JanS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-doesn-t-boot-up?tu=JanS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.