(Topic ID: 322622)

Earthshaker center ramp

By thepunisher

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5047 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5048 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4919.JPG
    IMG_4914.JPG
    IMG_4922.JPG
    IMG_5009.JPG
    IMG_5028.JPG
    IMG_5010.JPG
    IMG_4893.JPG

#1 1 year ago

Hi Pinsiders I'm a new member to this sight so bear with me. I purchased a earthshaker a few months ago that had been restored. I added to the restoration with a couple mods etc. The only issue I have from time to time is the ball will get stuck on the center ramp. This only happens when the speed of the ball barely makes it up the ramp the only way to get the ball is to nudge it until it tilts annoying.

IMG_4893.JPGIMG_4893.JPGIMG_5010.JPGIMG_5010.JPGIMG_5028.JPGIMG_5028.JPGIMG_5009.JPGIMG_5009.JPGIMG_4922.JPGIMG_4922.JPGIMG_4914.JPGIMG_4914.JPGIMG_4919.JPGIMG_4919.JPG
    #2 1 year ago

Maybe one of the posts for the ramp isn't the right height? Maybe someone tried to flame polish the ramp and made a low spot? I have never had a ball stop on any of my ramps.

#3 1 year ago

Is there a flat spot on the ramp?
    Maybe try -
    Adding washers or shims to one or more posts to eliminate the flat spot.
    Change the slope of the game by raising or lowering the leg levelers to eliminate the flat spot.

Nice looking game!

#4 1 year ago

Can you show a picture where exactly it is sticking? I just did a restore on one and don’t recall an issue with this. Maybe the wireform ramp switch is too tight and ball is getting wedged in it getting it stuck?

#5 1 year ago

Thanks for the responses I think I will first try rca1’s idea by raising or lowering the leg levelers. Another good idea to look for is the height of the posts. I will place the ball where it sits and take a picture. Where it sits is right behind the institution on the ramp.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from thepunisher:

Thanks for the responses I think I will first try rca1’s idea by raising or lowering the leg levelers. Another good idea to look for is the height of the posts. I will place the ball where it sits and take a picture. Where it sits is right behind the institution on the ramp.

Ah ok. Yeah I can see maybe snagging a slow ball at that plastic there.

#7 1 year ago

Ok well after tweaking the ramp a little now the ball rolls off much better. I wedged a black rubber sleeve between ramps and seems to be working fine now. while I was at it I did another mod by lighting up the shelter.

IMG_5048 (resized).JPGIMG_5048 (resized).JPGIMG_5047 (resized).JPGIMG_5047 (resized).JPG
    #8 1 year ago

Maybe try raising the back legs up more? You should have 6 to 7 degrees of pitch and from the pictures the back levelers look like they need to go up more? The fronts aren't shown but should start off with the levelers bottomed out and then adjusted just for left to right level.

#9 1 year ago

Thanks for your impute janS. I shouldn’t lift the back anymore than it is it will be to fast and cause more problems. I will check the L & R levelness.

#10 1 year ago

Ok now I get it, I got a inclinometer from the App Store it says my game is 12.5 degrees! So I need to lower the back of the game down by raising the levelers. So 7 degrees is optimum?

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from thepunisher:

Ok now I get it, I got a inclinometer from the App Store it says my game is 12.5 degrees! So I need to lower the back of the game down by raising the levelers. So 7 degrees is optimum?

12.5 degrees seems very odd... You are measuring the angle of the playfield right?

#12 1 year ago

Ok, I wasn’t measuring it right just got the app kind of hard from my phone but it’s more like 5.5 degrees from the playfield.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-center-ramp-1?hl=jans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.