(Topic ID: 173442)

Earthquake in NZ around midnight

By MT45

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

screen_shot_2016-11-17_at_9.46.52_am (resized).png
    IMG_3729 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3727 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

Anyone here any news from our Pinside friends in NZ? Specifically RD (rotordave) - praying all is well.

#2 7 years ago

RD was fine I was closer to it than him. Woke me up but not strong enough to get out of bed. The Christchurch pinheads were closer and on FB they all seem to be OK.

For those that live in earthquake zones make sure you keep your emergency supplies topped you never know!

#3 7 years ago

Hoping everybody is okay. Praying for just "tilted games".

#4 7 years ago

Sounds like a big one. Looks like quite a bit of damage north of Canterbury.

rd

#5 7 years ago

Appears to be a crack in this road.

IMG_3727 (resized).JPGIMG_3727 (resized).JPG

#6 7 years ago

It was a decent shake down here, nothing like the 2011 events though.

The house sure did roll around, felt like a solid minute of movement

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

It was a decent shake down here, nothing like the 2011 events though.
    The house sure did roll around, felt like a solid minute of movement

It was fortunate (not so for the people who live there ...) that the centre of the quake was in a rural area. Imagine if this was in the middle of a big city ...

rd

#10 7 years ago

Don't think the truck is getting through today.

IMG_3729 (resized).JPGIMG_3729 (resized).JPG

#11 7 years ago

Look at the driveway below to see how far the land moved:

screen_shot_2016-11-17_at_9.46.52_am (resized).pngscreen_shot_2016-11-17_at_9.46.52_am (resized).png

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Look at the driveway below to see how far the land moved:

Holy sh*t!

#13 7 years ago

Poor RD. How long does it take to re-level 124 pinball machines?

#14 7 years ago

Prayers to you guys keep us updated if any pinsiders down there need help from us around the world (not just pinball relief) I am sure there are many here who would contribute generously if you need it! Thanks for all the Kiwi's that have reported in and are safe! God Bless you ALL!

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Poor RD. How long does it take to re-level 124 pinball machines?

Luckily no EQ up this end of the country.

I remember when Chch had its large EQ in 2011, some of PinMikes pins flipped over on their sides.

rd

#16 7 years ago

Used to have a home in Granity. Absolutely love Cch! Hope you guys are alright down there. Sure would like to be down there drinking a couple a Good Bastards and helpin out.

#17 7 years ago

Oh no...! Evacuating the whole of NZ..! Well, if you come to Oz then please bring your pins..

http://www.thecivilian.co.nz/civil-defence-evacuates-whole-of-new-zealand-after-engineers-discover-structural-issues-with-the-country/

(yes, I know it's not a real news story...)

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from pocketscience:

Oh no...! Evacuating the whole of NZ..! Well, if you come to Oz then please bring your pins..
    http://www.thecivilian.co.nz/civil-defence-evacuates-whole-of-new-zealand-after-engineers-discover-structural-issues-with-the-country/
    (yes, I know it's not a real news story...)

At least then we would get cheaper NIB Sterns....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthquake-in-nz-around-midnight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.