Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Shogun00
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Looking for some basic troubleshooting practices on what to look for when verifying things like switches or optos are working when you are not getting an error code.

I have an earthshaker machine that will constantly search for balls on power up. This issue was intermittent and used to only go through one or two iterations, but now is permanent. I believe it's the switch that the balls sit on before being kicked over into the shooter lane. I don't see any other optos or switches in the trough that could be the culprit. The coil that kicks them over worked fine as soon as the balls were found.

Before I start buying parts on marco is there a way to test the switches to ensure they are working? I don't get any error codes and pressing the start button just starts another ball searching loop.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from digital_locust:

is there a way to test the switches

Check the manual. Should be a switch test in there.

They should work. It's when the game is off for awhile a flaky switch shows up.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

This is a very common issue. There are 3 microswitches in the ball through. Most likely one of them isn't closing (not clicking the little button) and the leaf on the microswitch just needs to be adjusted.

The switch test is in under the diagnostics section (have red button set to manual and press advance). Just cycle over to active switches section and you'll see real quickly which microswitch isn't closing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthershaker-can-t-find-its-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.