(Topic ID: 34012)

Early WPC reset issue - help please

By mystic

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kba78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

I have the same problem with my island resetting the machine. Can somebody explain the 22ohm power driver mod for me. I have never heard of it and I have tried all other options. Need help

#11 10 years ago

thanks alot guys, I will try this weekend. this have been driving me nuts for weeks now. I know its somewhere in the game as I try put all my terminator boards in and it did the same thing.

#13 10 years ago

Thanks for the input chris but just put a brand new motor in with no change. Rebuild connectors, new play chip, new lock switch. This thing is killing me!!

#18 10 years ago

That coil is about the only thing left. The wierd thing is that in test mode I can run that coil 100 times and never reset. Also the only place I can find it is marco and the they are out of stock

#21 10 years ago

i know i have swapped all the boards and still have reset issue. also, if I disconnect the motor board the game does not reset until til the motor runs. here is the weird thing, it resets when the lock releases then drags along the bottom of the island, it slips into a hole in the bottom of island. as soon as the plunger goes into the hole the game reboots.

#24 10 years ago

I tried swapping displays and even went as far as disconnecting the disply totally.
Chris, as far as the coil there is one thing I am confused on....
It is a three terminal coil aka flipper coil with no diodes. Diodes are on the power driver, I would think, as goes for the rest of the coils. I have a couple of questions
1) flipper coils have on board diodes, should this one also?
2) how do I know someone previously put the wire back on in the right cofiguration?
I can't find in the manual the wire order for the three lug coil
By the way I checked the manual and it is the right coil

#26 10 years ago

I will try these different test tomarrow and report back thanks chris
Mike

#28 10 years ago

update: I did find time tonight to replace the coil with a brand new one and checked the wiring configuration and all is good. Game still resets. If i disconnect the motor, amd move the island manually all works fine. I am thinking it has to be in the little opto board under the island( but opto seems to work fine) or the motor relay under the playfield.
what to you guys think????

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kba78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-wpc-reset-issue-help-please?tu=kba78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.