(Topic ID: 75226)

Early WOZ owners -- If you had it to do over………….

By pindome

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bear.jpg
photo 2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

If I knew then what I know now, I would have done it in a heart beat.

LTG : )

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

With a couple of the companies mouth pieces on here I am surprised no one contacted you

Actually I believe a couple of the mouth pieces have been in contact and trying to do their best to help.

Disclaimer : Head Mouth Piece

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Agreed about the 5v issue overall, I would not be happy about it at all despite the ability to now bypass the bad board pending arrival of the new one.

Most games won't lose a board.

Some may lose a board or two. Put in the redesigned ones and that is usually the end of it.

Some have lost more boards, and again new boards usually cure it.

And Jack is extending the warranty on them. And their engineers are looking into it still.

Markmon's game is about the worst case scenario, and we are working to resolve it so he can enjoy his game.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

if games quality control rises.

From my perspective as tech support.

I started mid May.

From when I was at the Factory in June, to now. Production has at least doubled if not more. Yet tech support continues to decrease.

So quality control has gone up.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

"You'll need to track down the owner for that".

That is pretty much what happened.

I can only do so much.

When a customer wants more than I can do, I tell them they'll have to go higher up the food chain. And Jack has been and is the most accessible manufacturer to deal with. I let them know what I can, and can't do.

So if I suggest going over my head, that is the quickest way. I go up the ladder myself, takes longer and less likely to happen. But per the person's concerns, I did send it on. Where it promptly stalled in all the holiday traffic. Everybody needs something yesterday, and everything takes longer.

If it were like other companies, I'd gladly send it on it's merry way. But for JJP, I try to get things going the fastest way possible so the customer can get the game going and enjoy it.

I am sorry if I offended the person, I only meant to help, the best way I know how.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

It doesn't matter if it "technically" would've taken longer in your mind to escalate to jack through you becuase to us, as the customer, that makes 0 sense.

Wasn't in my mind. Unbeknownst to everybody, back around the 15th I already sent this up the line. Where nothing happened.

No idea why. Maybe the holidays, maybe they are busy.

I was just trying to get the customer help the fastest way I could. I am sorry if anyone is upset with me for trying to get the problem resolved the quickest way I knew how.

Don't worry, I won't make that mistake again. I'll do what makes sense, no matter how long it takes.

LTG

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

I can't f'ing believe this.

I am sorry this happened.

If there is a reset button inside label on top of the big box with the metal boards, please push it once. If no label, then please try jump starting the motherboard, literally briefly short the two pins on the motherboard where a start button would plug onto. I'll put a picture here.

I can't do more right now, there is a huge problem up the line on the internet and much of my things like email and service phone are down. Can't even get through to them to find out how long to fix.

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG
#132 10 years ago

The connector in that picture I circled is JFP1

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Does anyone know if it is safe to say that WoZ with a manufacture date in 2014 will be more reliable than 2013?

They are all reliable. You only read the worst, which isn't many, and can happen to any game. Especially considering how many are out there.

And JJP is working to resolve issues if they come up.

My game, in commercial use since July 3rd, lost one #15, months ago. Which I replaced with an old version #15, and it's been fine ever since.

#142 10 years ago

No. Why do you think that ?

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Because they didn't know how to short out motherboard pins

This was going on long before WOZ.

LTG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-woz-owners-if-you-had-it-to-do-over%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.