(Topic ID: 75226)

Early WOZ owners -- If you had it to do over………….

By pindome

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bear.jpg
photo 2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

I'm glad I was an early adopter. As somebody who came back to pinball because of WOZ and bought it as his first NIB, the RGB board problems, fuse problems, and shaker motor problems forced me to learn how to fix my own machine. What used to look like the flight panel of a 767 jumbo jet now makes sense to me.

I'm still an idiot, mind you...just a smarter idiot.

#8 10 years ago

I'm also glad I made the plunge because I've met a ton of great people through this and JJP's message board. Patient people willing to give their own time to help somebody new to the hobby. You just don't see that everywhere you go, and it's been a wonderful and unexpected part of the WOZ experience for me...

...and then there are all the people that have me set to "ignore" that will never see this. F them!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I have one of the very first. "Early adopter issues" are greatly exaggerated. Honestly, I seem to have far fewer problems than some that received theirs much later. Just like every other NIB I've purchased, problems seem more luck the draw than anything else. I'd do it again without hesitation.

They're not greatly exaggerated when they happen to you.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

This thread is making me consider cancelling my Hobbit preorder.

I wouldn't if I were you...I think you'll kick yourself somewhere down the road. I'm in the top ten in terms of problems I've had with my WOZ. After three months and many repairs, it's finally settling in with only minor hiccups, which are to be expected. When you're an early adopter of anything, you've got to expect bugs, and I'm still glad I was an early adopter. It taught me how to fix my own machine, and if the JJP tech support wasn't as good as it is (which is a 10 in my book!), I'd be singing a different tune right now. It's astonishing to me that there are people out there that volunteer to work for JJP and give of their time on the weekends and holidays to patiently help people out. And their service record has made all the difference for me in deciding whether or not to continue my Hobbit payments.

I'm still in on the Hobbit without any reservations at all. I know it'll be a great machine, and I know they'll learn from their mistakes on WOZ. Sometime in 2015, I'll have TWO amazing pinball machines!

#128 10 years ago

...and you wonder why I think you're awesome, Lloyd!!!

PS - Enjoy the cold up there in Minnesota...and stop sending it our way in Jersey. -5 degrees on Thursday night... WHAAAAAT???

#139 10 years ago

Yes...keep in mind that there must be close to 1000 WOZes out there by now...and it seems like only about 2-5 percent--if that--are having chronic problems. Mine was one of the unlucky few, but with JJP's awesome support, my machine has finally stabilized (knock wood). Now that I said that, of course, it should crap out in the next 24 hours...

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Remember when WOZ first shipped & there were no videos of gameplay?
Wonder why?

People were too busy having fun playing it to film the damn thing.

PS - Videos were out on YouTube pretty early - there's even a video of the first one being delivered by Jack, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 5.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-woz-owners-if-you-had-it-to-do-over%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.