You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0640.jpg
IMAG0638.jpg
IMAG0637.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Just added the last game I wanted for the pinball room, a Gorgar. On the other wall I have room for one more DMD machine to go next to my FT. What do you think? I will be searching for The Shadow!

#2 11 years ago

Here are pictures

IMAG0637.jpgIMAG0637.jpg IMAG0638.jpgIMAG0638.jpg IMAG0640.jpgIMAG0640.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Outstanding! Why did you choose these four machines? Is it nostalgia or are these simply your favorite WMS SS Games?

#4 11 years ago

totally cool

#5 11 years ago

Nice. Get Crackin' on a Bally Early SS collection now!

#6 11 years ago

Very nice!!

#7 11 years ago

I chose these partly because of availability and my liking of Williams machines. They are all "firsts", in pinball evolution. Now one more DMD and I'm full for now.

#8 11 years ago

Very cool, great machines. Love that artwork.

#9 11 years ago

Great look. Just had an early 80's flashback.

#10 11 years ago

This is pure electronic pinball, the man vs the machine !!
Nice historical and art value, i love them all

#11 11 years ago

Nice....

While I prefer EMs, the early Williams SS machines was a great era... ++

#12 11 years ago

Thank you all for the compliments. I would love to have more A and B list DMD's but budget restricts that. These machines are not only fun but they have taught me alot about pinball repair. Plus I grew up in this era. But I do love the modern titles. I will find a SHADOW soon, maybe a T2 or something similar. Believe me, I'm jealous of most of my fellow pinsiders collections.

#13 11 years ago

Hey, what do you have for a topper on firepower?

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Plus I grew up in this era. But I do love the modern titles. Believe me, I'm jealous of most of my fellow pinsiders collections.

I think you should be quite proud of your collection! I also grew up playing the solid states, & then later the sys11's. You know, I enjoy dmd titles as much as the next guy but I'm having a hard time justifying the price tags. Especially when I get so much enjoyment from these older games. There's just something almost mystical about pins from the late 70's & into the 80's. At least, for me anyway. I hope to have some solid states eventually.

#16 11 years ago

Beautiful setup! I really like the early 80's Williams games. I love my Solar Fire!

I really wanted to like Gorgar, as it is one of my favorite theme and art on a game. But when I played it, I just couldn't get into it.

If you are going for firsts, you need to add a Black Knight to your collection!

No need to be jealous of other people's collections. Games are considered A titles for different reasons, which may or may not line up with your game preferences. I prefer to have a good balance of early SS and DMD from different manufacturers. Different strokes...

#17 11 years ago

The topper on the Firepower is the promotional plastic that comes with the repro plastic set. I have it signed by Steve Ritchie too! I had a Black Knight, sold it to a fellow pinsider in Canada.

#18 11 years ago

Very cool that it is signed!

#19 11 years ago

Very nice. I especially love Blackout.

Kim

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Thank you all for the compliments. I would love to have more A and B list DMD's but budget restricts that. These machines are not only fun but they have taught me alot about pinball repair. Plus I grew up in this era. But I do love the modern titles. I will find a Shadow soon, maybe a T2 or something similar. Believe me, I'm jealous of most of my fellow pinsiders collections.

Personally, I'd much rather come down into the games room and see nothing but wall-to-wall machines, rather than a pair (or trio) of A/B-list machines. That said, though, I also grew up in that era, and have a soft spot for 70s/80s machines. Heck... I can't even get into DMDs, and the current batch of stuff being produced IMHO isn't even worth dropping coins into. So uh... all you other guys go out there and spend your big bucks on the A/B-list titles, and leave all that other stuff for guys like me to fill up my basement with.

#21 11 years ago

What is Blackout a "first" of? Red/Yellow/Black cabinet design?

#22 11 years ago

Holy ssssssssssshit! Take me back! What a line up!!

#23 11 years ago

I was wondering the same thing as Frax. What is Blackout first for?

#24 11 years ago

There is something special about a lineup of game from the same era and maker

Well done

#25 11 years ago

Although its a stretch, Blackout had the first computer controlled GI relay. It's used in the game when you hit the right Blackout shot and the game shuts down its Illumination. It's probably my favorite of the 4 games on this row.

#26 11 years ago

I think you still need a black knight, first pin with multi-level, not first but early speech.

#27 11 years ago

Nice, yep you definitely need a black knight in there

#28 11 years ago

You should just bring your collection over here and line it up next to my Black Knight...

#29 11 years ago

I have a Blackout that I'll have up for sale real cheap soon. PM me if interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-wms-ss-collection-complete and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.