• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wilms_scr_mtr_re-done.pdf (PDF preview)
Williams_Space_Odyssey_motor_replacing.jpg
black_and_white.pdf (PDF preview)
wilms_scr_mtr_touched_up.pdf (PDF preview)
wilms_scr_mtr.pdf (PDF preview)
ReplaceMotor.jpg
williams_score_motor3.JPG
williams_score_motor2.JPG
williams_score_motor1.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Hi guys,

I'm making good progress on my Apollo project and noticed the score motor label that should be stapled inside the cabinet is missing. They are the same for most games from that era. It should show how the motor can be taken apart with an 'exploded' view. If someone has that in digital form, or can take a pic with good light, and straight on, I could print that out.
I'll post some pics of the progress soon.

Thanks, Mark

#2 11 years ago

These are from a 1971 Williams Doodle Bug. Is this what you're looking for?

williams_score_motor1.JPGwilliams_score_motor1.JPG williams_score_motor2.JPGwilliams_score_motor2.JPG williams_score_motor3.JPGwilliams_score_motor3.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Yup,
That's the one. If you could get a shot straight on, without the wire at the bottom, I could print that out at the right size (high resolution the best)

Thanks, Mark

#4 11 years ago

I suppose I could remove the staples, scan it to .pdf and upload. Let me know if this would help. Right now I'm totally frustrated with this machine. Seems everything I do causes more grief. I'm at the point where I'm probably going to remove all the lights and disconnect things until I isolate the problem. I'll try to get this posted for you by the weekend.

#5 11 years ago

Champ, If I can help diagnose, let me know, but I've only worked on a couple 'early' Williams games (Magic City and my current Apollo) others likely have much more experience there. I check all the obvious stuff, switches are all actuating (make/break), no loose wires, shorted circuits(solder, screws, etc.). Yes, removing the label would probably work best, hard to get the camera directly in front of otherwise. I do remove the motor board from my games when I do initial restorations and it's pretty easy on these games, just several jones plugs.

good luck

#6 11 years ago

Thanks Mark. I don't like to post a question unless I have a specific problem. This machine worked perfect until I changed it back to coin operated. I also removed all the plastics on the PF on the right side and cleaned and replaced all the bulbs. Then slowly things went south to the point where now nothing is working. At the moment I suspect that the problem might be in the two relays (actually 4 in total) that resemble the interlock relay in my Bally Champ. These have no labels so I'm only assuming that they're Interlock. There is no game over relay that I can find and while messing with these something changed, activated ball index and then I had bells and whistles,so to speak when activating targets etc. That only happened the one time and now I'm still dead in the water. I'll remove and reinstall these and see where it leads.

You'll have your .pdf shortly. Just need to dust off and re-connect my scanner and remove the label form the machine.

Hopefully helping you will change my Karma and the machine will fix itself!!!
Think good things about the old Doodle Bug maybe we'll both benefit.

Rob.

#7 11 years ago

This isn't as nice but it is a flat scan:

ReplaceMotor.jpgReplaceMotor.jpg

#8 11 years ago

I removed the label and scanned it. I Photoshopped one to clean it up. take your pic out of the 3 or PM me and I could fax it to you. let me know. Rob.

#9 11 years ago

Thanks Champ,
I just printed the one out you cleaned up. You certainly get 'atta boy' points for that one!
May the pinball karma gods smile upon you! If you haven't visited Inkochnito's score card site, you might want to send that file to him as well. I have a few obscure Williams instructions that I will be scanning for him. Great place to go for this kind of stuff (looked there first before asking here). He is happy to help out too when you need something not on the site.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

#10 11 years ago

I've got another one on my website, but no reproduction jet.

Williams_Space_Odyssey_motor_replacing.jpgWilliams_Space_Odyssey_motor_replacing.jpg

#11 11 years ago

I tried to to email Inkochnito with the attachment but the email came back as undeliverable.

#12 11 years ago

Forgot to take the no_scam_ out of the email address. He should have it available on his site soon.

#13 11 years ago

The pinball karma gods did smile down on me! After removing the PF and looking straight down at the back relays I found a piece of wood was lodged between the relays obstructing the movement.
Game worked for a little while then the 10 reel got stuck and wouldn't reset. Going to work on the now.

#14 11 years ago

Hey Champ! thanks for the scans! I took it through Illustrator and cleaned it up even more! Do with it what you like!. I am going to make it into a vinyl decal at my sign shop. I know it is not exact to the original, but it is pretty darn close!

Anyone interested in these as a decal? I can print up a batch. Just PM me with your address and machine.

Post edited by Pafasa : Merry Christmas!

#15 11 years ago

It's good to see some positive stuff going on here. Sharing is caring...dooh! But seriously, we all need more good karma these days (esp. with the headlines!)

#16 11 years ago

Very nice! This is a perfect example of using today's high tech world to bring back the glory days of the past!

As far as the trouble I had after removing the blockage, stuck reel, loud humming, etc. believe it or not the culprit, or culprits, were a result of me leaving the 4 staples on the side ledge after removing the score motor card (so I could scan it) and forgot to take them out before starting the game.

I found 2 of them on the bottom of the machine (thanks to extendible magnet) and then finally found the other two staples inter-twined in the score motor! This must have been a reality check on the karma thing! All good for now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-williams-score-motor-label and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.