Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by monkfe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

so I recently got my high speed up after a full tear down. Despite my attention to watching the coil power/diode connection, I managed to still hook one up backward, and blowing a tip122(and f2). I replaced it and while doing so checked out all the drive transistors both pre drive and power for the solenoid drives. When i got to Q32 it seemed a bit off and I replaced it, while doing so I checked the predriver-Q28 which was giving me a DMM reading of ~232 both ways...figuring it was shot I removed it. When I bench tested it it seemed fine giving me a ~443 and blocking it in reverse? since I had not tested the coil yet (eject hole) I reinstalled everything and regained all but this coil (of course). So I removed the board and still have the same readings...so now I'm thinking I may have done some damage to the resistor networks, but before I start getting into that... I'd figure I pick some brains here as to what may be causing this anomaly. I wish I had just replaced the pre-drive as I had it out....but it seems fine? Thanks gents

1 week later
#2 4 years ago

...for those searching millennia from now...it was the nand gate keeping the pre drive high.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-system-11-coil-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.