• Sort of Fun 0 votes
  • It's Okay 1 vote
    33%
  • It's boring... snooze-ville 1 vote
    33%

(3 votes)

#1 7 years ago

Hi Pinside!

I need some help with a five bank drop target on a Stern Trident. I replaced the drop targets last night and put everything back together and everything seems to work. Everything resets, the dropped targets score correctly and all but one of the targets are behaving correctly. One of the targets is super stiff and hard to knock down. No amount of hitting it with the pinball will knock it down however, I can push it down by hand and it resets without issue but again it is super hard to push back down. Did I screw something up with reinstalling the new targets? How can I make this target less stiff and easier to knock down (Right now it isn't even possible with a pinball). The same target bank was working without issue with the old targets so I wonder if the old ones were simply worn and as a result they would fall easier. As a note, I basically did things in reverse order to put things back together. As a note I did not lube anything as the way I understand it, that is a no no on pinball parts for the most part. This is my first repair post on Pinside so my apologies if I am missing any details. Any help with getting this fixed would be very helpful.

#3 7 years ago

Check to see if the rocker arm connected to the bottom of the target is binding.

#4 7 years ago

I just replaced the 5 drops on my Flight 2000 , a couple of the clevis pins were missing, if a few weren't there I might have never known I needed them

you got some pics ?

perhaps is the classic "bally brick" problem as well http://funwithbonus.com/new-pinball-dictionary/

interested to see a good solution

#5 7 years ago

Besides checking for gunked up clevis pins and binding pivot arms, another common problem with classic Sterns is that the housing metal always oxidizes - badly. This is like sandpaper to the drop targets. Make sure all the metal pieces are smooth and that will greatly improve the performance of the drops, especially on fast, hard hits.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 199.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-stern-memory-drop-target-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.