Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bay78
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bay78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I don't think you need to go out of your way to change the 100k resistors in the digit drive to 1/2w. In my XP they only fail when there is some other problem that makes them fail, like a locked digit driver.
For the OP issue with missing segment.... Replace segment 'f' driver at Q18. Still no go, replace the 7 segment decoder IC 4543. Still no go, follow the segment circuit up to where it goes into the glass. Compare to other segments in display test with DMM. If good there, the display is bad itself.

I had a very similar issue to the OP and I did end up finding a bridged solder point where the display segment solders on to the display board. Fixed up the bridge and plugged display back in and now working MINT! This was a lot of help. Thanks guys.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 10.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 45.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bay78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-stern-display-missing-segment?tu=Bay78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.