Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Krupps4
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201018_125657 (resized).jpg
    20201018_125644 (resized).jpg
    17319e74f47643d01d15bc5a24044b23aa6e746d (resized).jpg
    20200827_202210 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

For me Sterns and Ballys rule that time, and its not close.
    Most classic ballys would fit your bill along with others. Flash Gordan is a game everykne should own. Things like Harlem globetrotters, mystic, viking, frontier are all good games. Of course they arent cheap theae days, but what is. Centaur is usually well recieved.
    Williams 80s games like taxi, space shuttle, whirwind, big guns, all can be fast and bad ass.
    Sterns like meteor, nine ball, catacomb, quicksilver, big guns etc etc are getting way high priced so i dont think there's a ton of value there.

Black hole is...well it looks decent anyway.

#14 3 years ago

Beatles is, pains me to say it, better than Seawitch. Seawitxhbisbat the bottom end of the good Sterns. It is fast and in your ass though.

Lot of firepower love. Good game but ibkknda like Blackout more

#17 3 years ago

Paragon IS an old machine that can play slow as well though. You can jack it up for sure but a lot of golden cliffs, saucer, and lazy Susan's can slow things down.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

...It’s a great pin and no way at the bottom end of the Sterns

Well I said the bottom of the good Sterns. Certainly its way above viper, IMDN, Dracula etc

#23 3 years ago

Nine ball, catacomb, stargazer, big game, quicksilver, meteor, seawitch, F2k (maybe) cheetah, dragonfist....maybe one or 2 more on there but thats the general idea.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

. I’ve never played a Dragonfist. Still waiting for that day to come.

Its a little linear but cool, and that spinner counter is great.

Quoted from sandro:

I remember Xenon fondly from the era, but I have to admit that I haven't played one in decades....

Yeah Xenon has the looks but the play isn't there for me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-solid-state-recommendations?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.