Topic Stats

• 356 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by tjc02002
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you consider this a manufacturing defect that should be a warranty claim?”

• Yes they should be sending out a replacement 64 votes
    64%
  • No, get over it what did you expect a perfect machine for only $8000 36 votes
    36%

(100 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
images_(resized).jpg
jpk-full-logo-800x350_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
statistical-testsprosthodontic-courses-36-638_(resized).jpg
mmrinsert_(resized).jpg
IMG_2074_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pablito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 8 years ago

A concession from CGC needs to be made if they admit that there is a problem. An admission of the problem is them coming out and flat out saying it, through comparisons of later run games vs. early run games. An admission can also come in the form of standard machines' playfields having the correct thick black that are true to the originals or the early run MMRs. If either of those happen I'm going to start hounding CGC and my distributor for a concession to be made on either color code, or a free/heavily discounted playfield that I can install at a later time. Call me crazy, but I'm affected by the problem and I want some kind of tangible resolution. If I ever wanted to sell this machine, I'm going to take an extra hit for this insert printing issue so CGC should help make that right.

#101 8 years ago

Yep. Would be nice to get some pics of these 2 from the same owner using the same camera. But i'm sure CGC could compare one of their own preproduction games and a new one to see the difference. Only question now is are they going to address it and how long until they do so. My AFMR order will have to wait until I see how this shakes out. Can't have too much invested with a company until I see how they handle a tough customer sat issue like this.

#159 8 years ago

Populated playfield replacements will be a little too much for them to bare. A lot of these games seem to be affected. The expense and logistics of shipping out populated playfields and accepting returned ones would be a costly nightmare. But I do think a nice, fresh, defect free, unpopulated playfield should be doable and at a later date when we either restore, or sell our machines, that playfield will come in handy. I can live with the problem of my current playfield if I have a correctly printed back up in reserve. To me that seems the most reasonable.

1 week later
#261 8 years ago

Drewblood419 said:
"I never entered into this situation with the thought process of trying to get anything for free or bargain for more than what is fair. My only concern was to have things made right which they did in my case and I'm sure others as well. What they will end up doing for you may be diffrent than for me I don't know that is up to them and you to discuss and find common ground but that is the exact reason they don't want people to share the resolution because people will say hey you gave so and so this but your offering me that. With a situation like this one every game is a bit diffrent and not every customers view of the problem is the same."

This comment right here is the most damning one I think. Drew is admitting here that he was given a solution tailored to his situation. To me, there was no difference between Drew's, Rat's, Indianapwn's, mine, and many others' affected games in the inserts. So the resolution shouldn't be on a case by case basis. The right customer service action is to give the same resolution to all affected. By the response to Rat, CGC is trying to make it sound like there are varying degrees of fade which is bullsh!t. As someone said earlier, the squeaky wheel gets the grease and Drew has been the squeakiest wheel. Time to get more squeaky.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pablito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-production-run-mmr-owners-help-needed?tu=Pablito and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.