Topic Stats

• 356 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by tjc02002
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you consider this a manufacturing defect that should be a warranty claim?”

• Yes they should be sending out a replacement 64 votes
    64%
  • No, get over it what did you expect a perfect machine for only $8000 36 votes
    36%

(100 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
images_(resized).jpg
jpk-full-logo-800x350_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
statistical-testsprosthodontic-courses-36-638_(resized).jpg
mmrinsert_(resized).jpg
IMG_2074_(resized).jpg
There are 356 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 8 years ago

Yep. Would be nice to get some pics of these 2 from the same owner using the same camera. But i'm sure CGC could compare one of their own preproduction games and a new one to see the difference. Only question now is are they going to address it and how long until they do so. My AFMR order will have to wait until I see how this shakes out. Can't have too much invested with a company until I see how they handle a tough customer sat issue like this.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

My game is shipping anyday, I will check it out.
If there's an issue I would think a replacement playfield even bare isn't too much to ask or I might be the first guy to ship it back ! Paid in full going on 2 years and now this BS ?
This could quite possibly sink the remake ship especially if they raise the price on AFM ! Better be 5995.0

You'd think if they now know about the problem, they would probably stop all shipments ASAP.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

You'd think if they now know about the problem, they would probably stop all shipments ASAP.

only if they consider it a problem. From what Rick has said Stern will now be looking for this issue on the line, not sure that means there is anything they are going to do about it though.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Stern will now be looking for this issue on the line

Hey, here's another one! Shall we put it in?

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

have any of you EVER bought a $4K TV with dead pixels? I have-- guess what- the warrantee typically is accepting of things like that.
LG told me to take a flying leap....you're going to get no where with this- but I'll stop spoiling the fun and conjecture.
http://www.tested.com/tech/1337-we-uncover-the-dead-pixel-policies-for-every-major-lcd-maker/

Yep, My sister-in-law got burned by "the pixel policy"

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey, here's another one! Shall we put it in?

You aren't adding any value to these threads. You should go and play pinball instead.

#107 8 years ago

Look for PPS/CGC to send out $500.00 chec, I mean "vouchers" good for $500.00 off the full retail price of their next remake pin.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You aren't adding any value to these threads. You should go and play pinball instead.

I would but I'm at work! Let the guy have a little fun on his birthday would ya?

#109 8 years ago

happy birthday o-din!!!

#110 8 years ago

Happy Groundhog Day to you too!

#111 8 years ago

Its very difficult to get a good picture of the inserts without ending up with an overexposed image. Here's an image in a completely dark room with minimal flash.

IMG_1450_(resized).JPGIMG_1450_(resized).JPG

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would but I'm at work! Let the guy have a little fun on his birthday would ya?

Happy birthday!

#113 8 years ago

Thanks! Just another day but I feel good!

#114 8 years ago

So mine came today and the shipper managed to damage it !@#$@!#$ Its not too terrible but I am still pretty pissed. It seems like they dropped it at one point because the pallet was broken and the glass was wedged out of the track. They also scuffed up the back of the backbox and ripped the decal on the front corner of the game (luckily its on a black area on the corner so its not really noticeable unless you look for it)

Lastly my game does have the messed up lettering, the inserts are barely legible when lit up. Hopefully they will do something but I seriously doubt it. I am still happy with my purchase (depending on how the shipping company handles the damage claim) Because the game does play great.

#115 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from Bobsolete:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

That looks freaking great.

#117 8 years ago
#118 8 years ago

It may be darker but with the leds on you can't read them!

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

It may be darker but with the leds on you can't read them!

That looks like a camera exposure issue, not bleed through.

#120 8 years ago
#121 8 years ago
#122 8 years ago
#123 8 years ago
#124 8 years ago

Mr Drewblood,

My pin inserts seem similar to yours, you have gone to great effort to show them to look as poorly as you possibly can in the unrealistic hope of getting something for nothing.

It really is a minor issue, yes I would prefer to have one with darker text, but I would not swap for one with slingshot damage.

Shit happens, move on, my pinhead mates didn't notice the inserts until I pointed them out and then they didn't care.

The more you make an issue of it the more it will be an issue for you and others. Yep you personally could be lowering your own resale value if that is what is important to you. Also the more you carry on the more of an issue it is to all owners. Yep it's not ideal, but really do you read the inserts while playing? stuffed if I do, it doesn't matter what king is light as the call outs tell me and I will smash his castle regardless.

Please enjoy your pin and lay off, grab a "box of cans" or whatever you call them and invite a couple of mates over to smash the flippers and nudge, shout and party It's pinball and it's fun

#125 8 years ago

I don't know - so many of these pictures, it's not about the text but about how much light is coming through the non-text area. The pictures just posted - especially the Trolls vs Extra Ball - you can see how much more bright light is coming through the non-lettered part of Trolls. The insert is a different color, clearer, so it's washing out more of the text.

#126 8 years ago
#127 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Mr Drewblood,
My pin inserts seem similar to yours, you have gone to great effort to show them to look as poorly as you possibly can in the unrealistic hope of getting something for nothing.
It really is a minor issue, yes I would prefer to have one with darker text, but I would not swap for one with slingshot damage.
Shit happens, move on, my pinhead mates didn't notice the inserts until I pointed them out and then they didn't care.
The more you make an issue of it the more it will be an issue for you and others. Yep you personally could be lowering your own resale value if that is what is important to you. Also the more you carry on the more of an issue it is to all owners. Yep it's not ideal, but really do you read the inserts while playing? stuffed if I do, it doesn't matter what king is light as the call outs tell me and I will smash his castle regardless.
Please enjoy your pin and lay off, grab a "box of cans" or whatever you call them and invite a couple of mates over to smash the flippers and nudge, shout and party It's pinball and it's fun

I disagree rat. There are definitely some bad examples and pictures out there of this issue - but it is an issue. You can't say "oh well, not ideal" after waiting 2 years and throwing down $8K. It deserves to be recognized and dealt with.

#128 8 years ago
#129 8 years ago

I think this is a good issue to bring up, as it does indeed look like a manufacturing defect, and if you don't consider it a defect in the classic sense of that word, it is certainly an undesirable issue at minimum. This issue needs to be brought to CGC's attention so it can be rectified ASAP for current production, and eliminated for future production, so it never becomes an issue again.

Nobody should have to worry about consistency in ink application on inserts for future products. I never thought we'd have to worry about this period, as it's never been an issue with original production from Williams, Gottlieb, Data East, or Stern, or reproductions from Mirco, IPB, or CPR. At least as far as I know.

#130 8 years ago
#131 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

What kills me are the people that acknowledge that there is an issue even on their personal machine but just because they view it as a minor thing and aren't bothered by it try to discredit the folks that are. If they acknowledge that the issue is there isn't that enough to prove that there is an issue worth some concern?

Agreed.

#132 8 years ago

What kills me are the people that acknowledge that there is an issue even on their personal machine but just because they view it as a minor thing and aren't bothered by it try to discredit the folks that are. If they acknowledge that the issue is there isn't that enough to prove that there is an issue worth some concern?

It's simply a difference of opinion. Some folks are bothered by this, and some just don't care and want to play their games.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It's simply a difference of opinion. Some folks are bothered by this, and some just don't care and want to play their games.

I find acceptance of this could set a bad precident for all involved in playfield manufacturing. If semi-transparent insert art becomes acceptable, then what's to keep every manufacturer from opening up their tolerance of what's acceptable in terms of ink application? I know if I got a playfield with insert art this transparent from Mirco or CPR, I'd instantly want to be sending it back. I do not want manufacturers to think that this is acceptable. I think a stink needs to be made, so manufacturers step back and say "I don't want to deal with this negative fall-out. I better do things correctly".

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I never thought we'd have to worry about this period, as it's never been an issue with original production from Williams, Gottlieb, Data East, or Stern, or reproductions from Mirco, IPB, or CPR. At least as far as I know.

This is true and not true at the same time. There were certainly playfields made "back in the day" with problems like this. If they weren't discovered by the screen printing company they would typically get caught during inspections and rejected before there were any parts assembled on them. In these cases they were either sent back to the screen printing company to be sanded down and re-done, or in most cases these playfields became "seconds" that were either kept for parts sales or destroyed. A playfield we won't use in game assembly today might still be worth something in parts sales a couple of years down the road when no more A List playfields were available.

I honestly wondered if this wasn't being blown out of proportion until the last set of pics were posted. Clearly it isn't a camera issue, you can see the outline of the insert ridges shining directly through the ink.

#135 8 years ago
#136 8 years ago
#137 8 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

There were certainly playfields made "back in the day" with problems like this.

Thanks for the historical reference Viper001.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Thanks for the historical reference Viper001.

Us old guys have to be good for something. My birthday is tomorrow, so much for my first half-century.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

That looks freaking great.

I don't know what your seeing? When I look at my machine with the LED's off, the characters are unreadable (blurred). With the LED's on, the characters are obliterated.

It's amazing one comment says they look great and another one says the picture is over exposed.

#140 8 years ago

The last picture is overexposed, but in the shots with it off - the type looks thick, black, not transparent.

#141 8 years ago

Then they need to go play their games and not discredit folks that do have a problem with this legitimate manufacturing defect.

But the door swings both ways. You get the right to be unhappy and they get the right to have a counterpoint.

#142 8 years ago
#143 8 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

My birthday is tomorrow, so much for my first half-century.

Happy birthday tomorrow! Birthdays are kind of over rated after you hit 21.

#144 8 years ago
#145 8 years ago

Don't worry, if you can prove you have an affected game they will send a sharpie, and some protective mylar insert protectors to remedy the issue.

#146 8 years ago

Just to let folks with this issue know I have got a reply from CGC on my ticket regarding the insert issue. They asked for more photos and info which I provided to them. So to let everyone know they are working on addressing the problem

Thank you for the update! Please keep me/us posted on how it turns out. Hopefully at some point soon they will address the buyers of what they are going to do. Hopefully people with the problem that want it fixed will be taken care of and also they fix the problem before more get made. I do not want them saying Just keep them rolling off the line the way they are and if they don't like it they can create a ticket and then we will fix it.

#147 8 years ago

I received the same email today, I sent in pictures of the inserts....Hopefully they can fix this

#148 8 years ago

What I don't understand is why they need pictures? All they have to do is turn the friggin pin on and look at it. From all the complaints and what everyone is saying it's quite obvious they are transparent.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

What I don't understand is why they need pictures? All they have to do is turn the friggin pin on and look at it. From all the complaints and what everyone is saying it's quite obvious they are transparent.

Not everyone is affected.

#150 8 years ago

They reached out to me for images as well. Sent them two nice properly-exposed examples (DSLR/Strobes/Macro...etc.). Glad they responded!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 356 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-production-run-mmr-owners-help-needed/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.