(Topic ID: 102695)

Early Gottlieb Lockdown Bar Goes for $250!

By SteveinTexas

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pballgirl.jpg
OMG.jpg
#1 9 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

Ouch,
I was looking for a better lockdown bar for my Slick Chick than what I bought recently on eBay. This excellent example quickly put me on the auction sidelines. Some of my pins aren't worth this!

SteveJ

#2 9 years ago

just buy a repro from pbr! that look just as good
this one had repro ends so for 250 you could by 3 new ones for the same price

#3 9 years ago

There was 7 bidders and two both bid $250.00

#4 9 years ago

I should post a few repros and see if I can get 250 for them?

#5 9 years ago

People overbid for "Pinballgirl's" (daughter of that over-priced retail store. I forget the name) auctions because it supposedly helps her with college tuition. Like boilerman said....Buy the repro from PBR because you won't know the difference and neither will others.

#6 9 years ago

If anyone is interested, I will sell my refurbished lock down bar from Kings and Queen for $250. I promise I will put the money in my 3.5 year old twins College account! I'll even throw in the domestic shipping for nothing!

#7 9 years ago

Holy moly! Did my World fair '64 just double in value?!

#8 9 years ago

A pretty picture brings big reward!!

#9 9 years ago

It would be nice if PBR could somehow get the later lockdown bars back in stock, but I've been told, don't hold your breath.

#10 9 years ago

You mean the late 60's bar? I have an extra I'd part with for $100 including shipping

Ken

#11 9 years ago

Agree with everyone else when I say, I think my Card Trix just doubled in price

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

A pretty picture brings big reward!!

Yep

OMG.jpgOMG.jpg
#13 9 years ago

Hey, if Pinball Girl can get $250 for a lockdown bar more power to her. That's one way to pay for college.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Hey, if Pinball Girl can get $250 for a lockdown bar more power to her. That's one way to pay for college.

Indeed. One co-ed's lockdown bar is another co-ed's lap dance.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Yep

OMG.jpg 27 KB

....and again

pballgirl.jpgpballgirl.jpg

#16 9 years ago

All early 60 gottliebs should now increase in value $250.

#17 9 years ago

"My Ebay Vintage pinball parts business won 1st place for 2013 Collegiate Entrepreneur of the Year for the State of New Jersey."

But yet can't get a scholarship. I'm calling bulls...

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

"My Ebay Vintage pinball parts business won 1st place for 2013 Collegiate Entrepreneur of the Year for the State of New Jersey."
But yet can't get a scholarship. I'm calling bulls...

WHAT!!!!!???????

Daddy lets me raid his parts stash + tells me what the parts are called + takes hot pics of me = Entrepreneur of the Year?

Even in New Jersey, that's a bit hard to believe.

#19 9 years ago

I was one of the bidders on this item. I was willing to go as high as $110-$125 (since it was a good cause to help the seller get through college). But this bid was about people who put ridiculously high maximum bids on parts and then walk away thinking nobody will match their bid. Wrong - I called the bluff and wanted to see how high this bid was. I'm lucky I didn't get tagged as the winning bidder. Who puts a $250 max bid on an $80 part - a parts hoarder? Anyway, if you're willing to put down such a high bid on a part that many of us hobbyists would like to have, then you should pay the price. I only buy parts that I need, I don't hoard them. I like poker and am not afraid to call a high-bet bluff to see the cards. I got to see the cards of this bidder. Hopefully this person doesn't do this again and instead prefers to bid in good faith. I don't buy much from eBay and this is one of the reasons why. You wanted a lockdown bar for $250 - you got it!

Dave

#20 9 years ago

I admit I overpaid slightly for something that PinballGirl was selling which I had been trying to track down for months, but it certainly wasn't nearly as outrageous as the price for this lockdown bar.

Ah, well. ebay.

#21 9 years ago

Dave,

Makes sense now how there was two bidders. Wow you got good nerve, i shouldn't play poker with you.

SteveJ

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,099 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palmyra, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.