(Topic ID: 235127)

Early Data East Flipper Help (Laser War)

By Pinwizkid

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pinwizkid
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190131_213605 (resized).jpg
20190131_223449 (resized).jpg
20190131_223455 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinwizkid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I inherited a flipper repair gone wrong from the previous owner of my Laser War. When I got the game, the entire right flipper assembly (bracket and all) was hanging from the playfield by a single green wire. The coil had been replaced with a parallel coil, but the left flipper is still the original serial coil (left flipper is working perfectly).

I got a photo of the wiring from another Pinside member and cross checked it with Vid's flipper repair guide diagram for parallel coils. I believe I have wired the flipper correctly (50V to banded side of diodes, power return on non banded side, and EOS switch wires to middle and non-banded lugs), but when I push the right flipper button, I get no action at the coil. Instead the machine's lights all go dim since the 50V is flowing and I get a heavy arcing spark at the flipper button switch. The flipper mech itself has been cleaned and operates smoothly, so it's not getting jammed. I think I either have a bad coil or I wired it incorrectly. Any ideas?

Thanks!

20190131_213605 (resized).jpg20190131_213605 (resized).jpg20190131_223449 (resized).jpg20190131_223449 (resized).jpg20190131_223455 (resized).jpg20190131_223455 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

This is now solved. Turned out to be a bad coil, which I had previously ruled out on the assumption that it was new replacement that the previous owner forgot how to rewire.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinwizkid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-data-east-flipper-help-laser-war?tu=pinwizkid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.