(Topic ID: 235127)

Early Data East Flipper Help (Laser War)

By Pinwizkid

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pinwizkid
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190131_213605 (resized).jpg
20190131_223449 (resized).jpg
20190131_223455 (resized).jpg

#1 4 months ago

I inherited a flipper repair gone wrong from the previous owner of my Laser War. When I got the game, the entire right flipper assembly (bracket and all) was hanging from the playfield by a single green wire. The coil had been replaced with a parallel coil, but the left flipper is still the original serial coil (left flipper is working perfectly).

I got a photo of the wiring from another Pinside member and cross checked it with Vid's flipper repair guide diagram for parallel coils. I believe I have wired the flipper correctly (50V to banded side of diodes, power return on non banded side, and EOS switch wires to middle and non-banded lugs), but when I push the right flipper button, I get no action at the coil. Instead the machine's lights all go dim since the 50V is flowing and I get a heavy arcing spark at the flipper button switch. The flipper mech itself has been cleaned and operates smoothly, so it's not getting jammed. I think I either have a bad coil or I wired it incorrectly. Any ideas?

Thanks!

20190131_213605 (resized).jpg20190131_223449 (resized).jpg20190131_223455 (resized).jpg
#2 4 months ago

This is now solved. Turned out to be a bad coil, which I had previously ruled out on the assumption that it was new replacement that the previous owner forgot how to rewire.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside