Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nokoro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

On machines like Centaur, Embryon, Paragon, Frontier and others there are always a few clear plastics that act as ball guides.

Has anyone re-made them for any of the machines from this era. If so, can you share how to do it or offer sets for sale?

I really need one for Frontier and would like them for paragon and Embryon.

I recall that CPR's Centaur plastics set included the clears, but haven't seen any of the others offered.

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

Since there isn't any art on them it would be easy to just have them laser cut. Simple vector trace and you're good to go.

#3 9 years ago

I've had my local Tap Plastics make one-off clear plastics for a very reasonable price. I simply scanned my existing plastic, traced it in Adobe Illustrator, and sent them the resulting vector art. Been a while, but I remember it being around $10.

#4 9 years ago

If you are looking for 2D shapes so that a simple cut-out will do or even simpler 3D shapes which could be cut and then bent or formed into the desired shape I might be able to help out as I have a laser cutter and some associated equipment at home.

I am in the process of making a few slightly more complicated plastic parts for my newly acquired W?D and will post results sometime this weekend as I am still experimenting with various types of glues and glueing thechniques.

Ask around locally as well. Maybe there is a FabLab in a bigger city close to you, they usually have laser cutters and are extremely helpful, at least this is how it is around here.
I am located in Europe and would have to ship from here, but this would only set you back 7$ (insured, shipping takes 2-5 days if not deayed by customs). If you can provide me with scans and measurements of the parts I can trace the for you as well.

Anyways I first want to establish myself here in the forum via the aforementioned thread to come, but if you are interested do not hesitate to send me a PM.

#5 9 years ago

I make those out or polycarbonate (Lexan) that I buy in the scrap bin at Tap Plastics... Just rough cut to size then belt sand to final shape.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I make those out or polycarbonate (Lexan) that I buy in the scrap bin at Tap Plastics... Just rough cut to size then belt sand to final shape.

I've made one out of Lexan as well. Got a small sheet at Home Depot. Works well if it is in a place that isn't visible. Otherwise, you might want a more professional cut. (I have shaky hands. )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 90.00
£ 195.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Displays
Retro Electro Designs

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-ballys-making-those-clear-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.