(Topic ID: 114948)

Early Bally Siderail Nails

By beadwindow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beadwindow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Anyone know of a source or a substitute for the above?
    I need them for a '66 machine and they're wider than Gottlieb's twist Siderail nails as well as both of my '71 Ballys. They look to be about the diameter of a flat-style thumbtack.
    Thanks.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks.
    I saw those and the larger head would work if I had to use them. The OEM ones are 5/16" so I'd like to find some that size. No rush though, I just sent the playfield out to get restored and I've just started stripping paint off the cab. Plenty of time to search...
    Thanks again.

#5 9 years ago

thanks.
    there are two small screws on each siderail, one at either end that have a small nut securing them. initially i couldn't get any slack using a stout putty knife that i used to remove all the other nails. i then looked inside and saw the small nut holding it tight. not sure what the purpose of these was in this application as opposed to just using the same style siderail nails.

#7 9 years ago

there was no ground wire attached when i removed all 4 of them. should there have been? the game played fine before i tore it down...

#11 9 years ago

Good info, thanks fellas.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beadwindow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-bally-siderail-nails?tu=beadwindow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.