8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Soop
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider soop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Maybe this is just the way the games were back in the day but I certainly don't remember them like this. My Bally Power Play machine dims all the score displays briefly when the flippers are used. They do restore and truthfully I'm not generally watching the score when using flippers but it is bothering me. Getting my feet wet by doing a full-on restore of the game so every piece or part will have eyes on them. My initial thoughts are power supply... not enough of it (if they ever get one in at Great Plains that's the one I want).

Just curious if any other Pinsiders have faced this and what the cure was ... or am I being too nit-picky.

Don

#3 8 years ago

Have no idea when or if ever the connectors were replaced or the SDU rebuilt. The displays themselves seem to be tip-top. I was sort of banking on replacing the rectifier board and replacing all connectors after reading in here that those are a weak point for early Ballys. Thanks for the tips!

#5 8 years ago

Yep, gonna replace that rectifier board for sure. After looking around the Great Plains Electronics one seems to be the best, they're just never in stock!

#7 8 years ago

Thanks again Vid! I'm still working on that lane guide by the way. I bought the press kit from Pin Restore and then an arbor press from Harbor Freight for my rivet work. If I have any advice to give, pay the extra and get the Grizzly press. This one is a mess, I've been lap/mill sanding the plate and the base just to get them flat. It should work a treat when I'm done though.

http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-G4017-Arbor-Press-Ton/dp/B0000DD25R/ref=sr_1_1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider soop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-bally-dim-displays-when-flippers-used?tu=soop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.