20210721_055959_HDR (resized).jpg
20210721_055801 (resized).jpg
ee1aac37dd28beb7a979a3301f35250aea7e7a79 (resized).jpg
6265b9c6a75239a4a93479907e9143a4a205c395 (resized).jpg
1a2668ce481940e9d454aa38b9cf7008cbbda2ba (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20210711_070624_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20210612_200919638 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zigzagzag.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 years ago

Would be awesome if this would work in my Star trip which is suffering from severe corrosion on the MPU board ...

4 months later
2 weeks later
#76 2 years ago

Ilikewires How is this project going ?
Do you need help - I can beta test on a Star trip.
I have some electronic knowledge and can help if needed.

If this project has stagnated or been abandoned, please let us know so we can move on and perhaps get the Echo boards back in production.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilikewires:

I am still on the project regularly.. I went back to the revision that has sockets for U12, U13, and U26, and wired up some glue logic for decoding. It does not blink out a pass, so I am troubleshooting it to see what it is missing.
The revised board is also being fabricated so that I do not have so many fudge wires all over it. The design shifted from 4 layer to 2 layer.
I attached a shot of the sockets and jumpers, and also a complete schematic. I hope it can be zoomed in to see it.. If you see a flaw on the logic, please say something.
Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry, I can help test and do logic traces on boards but design is not my strongest skill.

How far away from production would you say you are - 6 months or so ?

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilikewires:

Great advice, I will study that. I have been making Z80 test code.. NOP chips with jump backs at the end.. they all work so far.
I embarked on this project only because it appeared that Jim was not doing it any more.. my misunderstanding. and we communicated very amicably.
As soon as I find the run issues, I can release a final design and have working boards. But I must still grind out assembly code to see what it is missing.
Thanks,
Chris~

Great ! Keep it up - there's nothing like Z80 assembly ... I still remember debugging on the ZX Spectrum !

3 weeks later
#91 2 years ago

Ilikewires If I have understood correctly, you have communicated with Echo lake about half a year ago.

The mail I have received from them states this on January 7th 2021 :

"We have contacted the owner, and he stated that he will have his design ready to go, and in production, by the end of this month. ...... Therefore, we have decided not to produce our boards any longer."

We are now in June and apparently you cannot say how long it will take for your boards to be production ready.
Your latest post also indicates it might not be compatible with MPU-1 machines.

I understand this is not your fulltime job and you have not made any promises, but your actions have put a stop to the waiting list that was and our chances of getting these pinballs up and running.
If you wish to keep going on a hobby basis it is of course your right and I applaud your work and enthusiasm.

If you do not see your product being finished in the near future or if your product is not certain to support MPU-1, I (and I suppose many others with me) would appreciate it if you could contact Echo lake and tell them to go ahead with production of their existing design and fulfilling their waiting list.

Don't you think this is the right thing to do - both for the pinball community but also for Echo lake as a business ?

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

It's not really his responsibility to tell Echo Lake what to do or not do.

MaxAsh Of course Ilikewires is not responsible for what others do nor under any obligation to give Echo lake a call.

This is of course why I asked him a question - not sure where the obligation part came in here

Nothing would make me happier than Ilikewires succeeding with this project, and I have also volunteered to help with testing which is an offer I stand by.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zigzagzag.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-announcement-of-a-game-plan-mpu-redesign?tu=Zigzagzag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.