Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A1G-GeS8vVL._SL1500_.jpg
    d2a68894513b6a2b25fda4748d27fac32657f2ac.jpg
    b6a54c1703f51445bc89444e64949d2b68109bb1.jpg
    61wO17QqetL._SL1200_ (resized).jpg
    16562964335453053550208866016056 (resized).jpg
    16562962519506373135839386872870 (resized).jpg
    16562940998712540634709895789856 (resized).jpg
    20220626_192659 (resized).jpg
    20220626_193222 (resized).jpg
    20220617_152817 (resized).jpg
    0937064ebdf13adcc15d71696984d899-484316138 (resized).jpg
    d0d22a7b204a5da24e564fab5458eae3 (resized).jpg
    bowie (resized).png
    Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 00-42-32 Top 10 Selling Music Artists – 1969_2021 - Statistics and Data (resized).png
    A0EE6FF8-05DF-47F5-9174-D53686CE8404 (resized).jpeg
    jp (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCRand.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Ok, it’s time to seriously ask. Stern, where is the Eagles pin? It could be Desperado Eagles, Hotel California Eagles, or just the band in general.

They have more fans than many of the hard rock bands who already have games. It’s time.

Am I the only Pinsider who would want this game in their collection?

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Love The Eagles. I don't think that there's been a bigger American band in the eternity.

Let the haters come. Sure there were just as many Rush, Zeppelin, etc haters. It’s time. Lol

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not really into Country music so I'll pass.

Not a Country band. Heard “The Long Run” album?

#30 1 year ago

Yes there are other bands that are in the Eagles league in popularity. And no they don’t have the heart pounding music of the hard rock bands. But that is part of the point. There are lots of us who don’t like the music of Metallica, Guns n Roses, Kiss, etc. And certainly the majority of games have no music theme.

It’s about having a game that plays well and has a theme you like. I just think there are so many Eagles fans that a game that is fun to play and Eagles themed would sell well. Certainly I would own one. And yes this is true for Greatful Dead and other great bands.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I work at a university... I see kids walking around all the time with Grateful Dead shirts, listening to music that was made 30+ years before they were born.
    It would be like people of my vintage listening to music of the 40s and 50s.

Same is true of a lot of music from 30+ years ago. Went to the Hotel California concert. Yes lots of blue hairs like me. But also a lot of people much younger.

And it still gets to theme to a great extent. Godzilla being a good example. I really like playing it, but never been a Godzilla fan. So really don’t have an interest in owning it.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Sure and no more cartoons, marvel super hero bullshit and no more movie themes.
    What does that leave us?
    Whether you like it or not music themes sell and so do all the other licensed themes that are done well. One music theme every 12-18 months is perfectly fine.

And frankly many people with the interest in and cash to buy pins, want nothing to do with hard rock - heavy metal music. I don’t blow my ears out to have fun playing pinball. Queen would be a great pin, but at this point would be just one more hard rock machine. Give those of us with different music tastes some pins of our own.

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I honestly don’t see any of those bands being any worse themes than Toy Story 4 especially for the general pinball demographic.

Or Austin Powers, or the thirtieth marvel themed pin, or Hot Wheels, etc.

#112 1 year ago

"Gram Parsons famously referred to their music as 'a plastic dry-fnck.' He bore the Eagles a special loathing, as any listener might." —David Meyer
    "Their albums are good for keeping the dust off your turntable, and that's about all." —Tom

Which clearly shows not everyone has the same taste in music. Which again shows why it’s time for something besides hard rock if your going to make a music themed pin.

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

"Gram Parsons famously referred to their music as 'a plastic dry-fnck.' He bore the Eagles a special loathing, as any listener might." —David Meyer
    "Their albums are good for keeping the dust off your turntable, and that's about all." —Tom Waits

Which clearly shows not everyone has the same taste in music. Which again shows why it’s time for something besides hard rock if your going to make a music themed pin.

#133 1 year ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I agree with you that people have different tastes in music.
    But, I think you are getting so much resistance, because at the time, the Eagles were a combination of the two worst forms of pop music; Soft Rock and Country.
    If the Eagles came out today, they would combine Country and Rap, forming a new genre called CRap

Gee, went to the Hotel California concert this year in a full stadium. Not an empty seat.

#141 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I guess I'm the only guy who wants a ZZ Top pin (Getaway doesn't count)

ZZ would be a cool pin. I just happen to be an Eagles fan. And kind of tired of mostly hard rock pins.

1 week later
    #165 1 year ago

Love all of you Eagles haters. But lets see, the Kinks are where? And Slade, who? Pretty much lost to the dust bin of history. The Kinks having broken up in 1997 after a massive 5 singles hitting the top 10 over their career in the US. And Slade, while very successful in the UK in the 70's, and influential to other groups, never made it in the US, and while Slade II is still around, they largely faded out by the early 1990's. Meanwhile, 50 years later, the Eagles are still touring to full stadiums. So hate all you want, they are still playing what for MANY of us, is great music. And as a parting shot, this from Wikipedia:

The Eagles are one of the world's best-selling bands, having sold more than 200 million records,[3] including 100 million sold in US alone.[4] They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998 and were ranked number 75 on Rolling Stone's 2004 list of the "100 Greatest Artists of All Time".[5]

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCRand.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eagles-pinball?tu=DCRand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.