Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A1G-GeS8vVL._SL1500_.jpg
    d2a68894513b6a2b25fda4748d27fac32657f2ac.jpg
    b6a54c1703f51445bc89444e64949d2b68109bb1.jpg
    61wO17QqetL._SL1200_ (resized).jpg
    16562964335453053550208866016056 (resized).jpg
    16562962519506373135839386872870 (resized).jpg
    16562940998712540634709895789856 (resized).jpg
    20220626_192659 (resized).jpg
    20220626_193222 (resized).jpg
    20220617_152817 (resized).jpg
    0937064ebdf13adcc15d71696984d899-484316138 (resized).jpg
    d0d22a7b204a5da24e564fab5458eae3 (resized).jpg
    bowie (resized).png
    Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 00-42-32 Top 10 Selling Music Artists – 1969_2021 - Statistics and Data (resized).png
    A0EE6FF8-05DF-47F5-9174-D53686CE8404 (resized).jpeg
    jp (resized).jpg
    There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 1 year ago

Eagles = No
    Queen = Yes!

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

One that had a couple of minor hits, and another that almost no one has heard of. No thanks.

Better suited for pinball than the Eagles IMO.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

2001 Stern[quoted image]

Just leave off that "fly eagles fly " fight song, annoying as hell, and I'm an eagles fan.

#54 1 year ago

I dont see the Eagles as having any recognizable imagery for the art package, and the music doesn’t really lend itself to pinball playing, IMO. Also Ive been hearing the Eagles music on the radio for the last 40 years and its so wore out. I have probably heard Hotel California thousands of times, to the point I for sure dont want to hear it in a pinball machine. Theyre a good band and all with some great songs, but to make a pinball machine based around the band and their music? Naaaah. But I would be a lot more into an Eagles theme before I would that Barbies-Dream-House-My-Little Pony-looking Toy Story 4 game that just came out, so who knows.

#55 1 year ago

Why not be able to connect a tube to a series of Sherlock holems themed pins?... Rush or stones as example would be worthy of more than one pin? Also 2 player action! Sorry fighting auto correct!

#56 1 year ago

Like the movies do to rake in guaranteed money..

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Better suited for pinball than the Eagles IMO.

But if no one knows who they are, why not hire some studio musicians to record heavier stuff and not have to pay for the IP of basically unknown and forgotten bands?

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Just change up the logo and now you have the hardest hitting band of all time. It’s sure to rock right?[quoted image]

I always get compliments on this shirt when I wear it

61vBZlxBzZL._AC_UL1100_ (resized).jpg61vBZlxBzZL._AC_UL1100_ (resized).jpg
    #59 1 year ago

That's awesome! I want one!

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I always get compliments on this shirt when I wear it
    [quoted image]

Haha my son has that shirt too!

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Can we STOP with more music pins?
    Make something unique and creative.

Sure and no more cartoons, marvel super hero bullshit and no more movie themes.

What does that leave us?

Whether you like it or not music themes sell and so do all the other licensed themes that are done well. One music theme every 12-18 months is perfectly fine.

#62 1 year ago

Add all the music/videos you want from this show but someone make this pin....

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #63 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Eagles = No
    Queen = Yes!

Never liked either band, but I agree that Queen would be the better choice. Heck, a Steve Miller pin with "Fly Like an Eagle" would be better. Then again, what do I know, I'm hoping for a Buzzcocks pin...

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Sure and no more cartoons, marvel super hero bullshit and no more movie themes.
    What does that leave us?
    Whether you like it or not music themes sell and so do all the other licensed themes that are done well. One music theme every 12-18 months is perfectly fine.

And frankly many people with the interest in and cash to buy pins, want nothing to do with hard rock - heavy metal music. I don’t blow my ears out to have fun playing pinball. Queen would be a great pin, but at this point would be just one more hard rock machine. Give those of us with different music tastes some pins of our own.

#65 1 year ago

How bout a Dr Dre Snoop Dogg machine? The LE's could have hydraulics that bounce the machine up and down like a 1964 Impala...I mean for the price of LE's they should have hydros on them. OBV a joke but hydraulic sound effects and a powerful shaker motor would be cool.

No love for Ho's multiball? Gin and Juice hurryup? Spinners would be pot leaves. Ice Cube wizard mode?

#66 1 year ago

Drop it like it’s haaaaawt drop target bank!

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

But if no one knows who they are, why not hire some studio musicians to record heavier stuff and not have to pay for the IP of basically unknown and forgotten bands?

2 of the best Heavy Metal bands out there. Look them up

#68 1 year ago

I bet a black sabbath/ozzy would do well.

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from sullivcd40:

I bet a black sabbath/ozzy would do well.

If they could get Ozzy to do custom callouts that would be spectacular.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

2 of the best Heavy Metal bands out there. Look them up

I know who they are. Doesn't mean they aren't absolute shite.

#71 1 year ago

I’m working on a Jackson Browne white wood now. Strap in.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I know who they are. Doesn't mean they aren't absolute shite.

There it is…

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I’m working on a Jackson Browne white wood now. Strap in.

I'm holding out hope that Christopher Cross, Dan Fogelberg, or Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods are your next build!

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

but a JJP Grateful Dead pin has the potential to go right to the top of my "want list".

I’d be in on an LE/CE of a Dead pin in a heartbeat. I think people way under estimate the power of the Dead and the following they have.

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I think people way under estimate the power of the Dead and the following they have.

Absolutely. Those who aren't in the know are incredibly dismissive... but if done right, I think it could easily sell as many as all other band pins combined.

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

And frankly many people with the interest in and cash to buy pins, want nothing to do with hard rock - heavy metal music. I don’t blow my ears out to have fun playing pinball. Queen would be a great pin, but at this point would be just one more hard rock machine. Give those of us with different music tastes some pins of our own.

Lol I can assure you that is false. We get it, you're old. Eagles, pink floyd, greatful dead. All fine bands. Awful ideas for pinball machines. Maybe if I wanted a game that put me to sleep.

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I'm holding out hope that Christopher Cross, Dan Fogelberg, or Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods are your next build!

Just a Yacht Rock pin in general. Make the ball twice as heavy so that it moves nice and easy and chill.

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Absolutely. Those who aren't in the know are incredibly dismissive... but if done right, I think it could easily sell as many as all other band pins combined.

There is a following for the dead but sadly there is little to work with theme wise. Cool deadhead logo but outside of that there is nothing. Shoot the loops to take a “trip”and follow the Dead on tour. Hit the hash drop targets. Get the flower power hurry up. Pot brownie multiball frenzy….don’t forget Free Love for all wizard multiball. And the music had its time and place but just not in a pinball machine……now if marketed as the ultimate Uber rare rock n roll memorabilia piece and priced at $50K like the Supreme pin and only 100 made then sure it would sell. That’s the only way I could see that happening.

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Awful ideas for pinball machines.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I honestly don’t see any of those bands being any worse themes than Toy Story 4 especially for the general pinball demographic.

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

There is a following for the dead but sadly there is little to work with theme wise.

What about doing the theme in the form of a road trip with stops along the way like Haight Asbury, Woodstock (yes, the Dead played there), etc. I think there are more possibilities than you are giving the theme credit for.

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

What about doing the theme in the form of a road trip with stops along the way like Haight Asbury, Woodstock (yes, the Dead played there), etc. I think there are more possibilities than you are giving the theme credit for.

The GD won’t appeal to the masses. There is just not a big enough market interested in buying one….think of it like hardcore Harley Davidson people…..how many of them do you know that own a HD pin…….the ones I know don’t give a shit about a HD pin. There is no great visual interest in GD as a band.

AC/DC, Kiss, Aerosmith, Metallica, Maiden all work because they have been putting on big stage shows that are a listening/visual experience.

#82 1 year ago

I think there are plenty of good songs to make an eagles pin. The problem is most of there best songs are ballads and for pinball, which is all about speed its a little contradictory. I read lots of folks want a more modern music pin but we need to work our way slowly towards that. Prince has tons of great stuff that would really compliment pinball and lean more towards hip hop / r&b. Its hard to label his style.

1999 (resized).jpg1999 (resized).jpgpurple rain (resized).jpgpurple rain (resized).jpg
    #83 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I honestly don’t see any of those bands being any worse themes than Toy Story 4 especially for the general pinball demographic.

Or Austin Powers, or the thirtieth marvel themed pin, or Hot Wheels, etc.

#84 1 year ago

Steve Miller could be groovy but nothing past 1982 imo.

steve miller 1 (resized).jpgsteve miller 1 (resized).jpg
    #85 1 year ago

This album has really stood the test of time too. A few songs on the second album were good. Probably not enough for a pin but hey I've seen games with less.

boston (resized).jpgboston (resized).jpg
    #86 1 year ago

but these guys should be the next music pin. British steel is such a classic.

jp (resized).jpgjp (resized).jpg
    #87 1 year ago

Jimi Hendrix is what I wish would happen. Ya, I'm older, but his music is still relevant today.

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Lol I can assure you that is false. We get it, you're old. Eagles, pink floyd, greatful dead. All fine bands. Awful ideas for pinball machines. Maybe if I wanted a game that put me to sleep.

If you think the Grateful Dead put you to sleep, it's probably because you aren't very familiar with them. The radio friendly late 80s and 90s stuff is sort of like that, but the "classic" Grateful Dead from the 60s through the mid-80s is anything but. And there's SO MUCH to work with. The BOM would be ridiculously high to do it right, but I can envision things like...

- The Darkstar wizard mode-- activating a separate ball trough with glow in the dark balls. All playfield lighting goes out, and blacklights come on.
    - The Hard to Handle mode -- multiple playfield magnets activate
    - The I Need A Miracle mode -- timed mode with ball return on

etc. etc.

In terms of artwork, no other band even comes close to the IP that the GD have. Iron Maiden would probably be next on that list, but a distant second.

But, we're clearly into JJP territory here. If Stern did it, they would slap a Stealie in the middle of the playfield and hope to find enough suckers to buy it.

Pink Floyd is one of my favorite bands as well, but there's so little in their catalog that is upbeat and would make for a good, immersive pinball experience.

#89 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

There is no great visual interest in GD as a band.

Really? No visual interest? I think a Dead pin would be a visual feast. So many colorful, psychedelic possibilities. I think your comparison to a Harley Davidson pin is a poor one. For starters, the Dead have decades of music to work with to create a theme around. Harley Davison’s doesn’t have anything like that. It’s just a brand. In addition, maybe no one has a Harley Davidson pin because it isn’t any good.

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I think there are plenty of good songs to make an eagles pin. The problem is most of there best songs are ballads and for pinball, which is all about speed its a little contradictory. I read lots of folks want a more modern music pin but we need to work our way slowly towards that. Prince has tons of great stuff that would really compliment pinball and lean more towards hip hop / r&b. Its hard to label his style.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

If the music industry wasn’t dead and there was actual good “new” music it would be easier to make a modern music pin…plenty of talented musicians and good bands but just many new bands don’t last that are kind of good. Lots of one hit wonders these days.

Prince has merit actually. A rap pin would be tough due to content unless you went with Run-DMC or Beastie Boys maybe….rap is fine but there is a lot of “thug” rap I don’t think any manufacturer would want to touch so who would you propose for a rap pin? Sir Mix-A lot? If you appreciate them as just songs and take it in jest give me 2 Live Crew, NWA, 2 Short, or Ghetto Boys. Of course there is Snoop and Tupac. A missed opportunity to make a rap pin would have been to make a Grand Theft Auto pin with rap music from various artists…..they could have gotten away with it when GTA was at its peak….every kid wanted to play that game at the time.

Definitely would be cool to see something a little more modern/relevant in terms of a music pin.

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Really? No visual interest? I think a Dead pin would be a visual feast. So many colorful, psychedelic possibilities. I think your comparison to a Harley Davidson pin is a poor one. For starters, the Dead have decades of music to work with to create a theme around. Harley Davison’s doesn’t have anything like that. It’s just a brand. In addition, maybe no one has a Harley Davidson pin because it isn’t any good.

Harley Davidson has over a century of building an iconic brand and there are die hards for it. Yeah the game is meh but the dead only have a cool logo to work with…thats it….their music isn’t rocking and the stage show isn’t full of flames/fire/pyrotechnics and puts me to sleep….same thing with Floyd……dark side of the moon art is iconic as is The Wall but pretty bland if that’s all you got to work with. Snooze fest for a pin.

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Harley Davidson has over a century of building an iconic brand and there are die hards for it.

I completely agree. Harley Davidson is an iconic brand, but there is nothing past that to incorporate into a pin. A Sturgis pin would actually offer more theme opportunities.

I get it. Your not a Dead fan. That’s fine. But I also think they have much more to offer than a “cool logo”.

#93 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

but these guys should be the next music pin. British steel is such a classic.
    [quoted image]

A JP or Motörhead pin would sell more than most people think.

#94 1 year ago

There is a documentary on Prime called "A Long Strange Trip" that is worth a watch even if you aren't into the Dead. Their story really is amazing and there is so much material within it for a pinball. It was done by Justin Kruetzmann, the son of drummer Bill Kruetzmann.

#95 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I completely agree. Harley Davidson is an iconic brand, but there is nothing past that to incorporate into a pin. A Sturgis pin would actually offer more theme opportunities.
    I get it. Your not a Dead fan. That’s fine. But I also think they have much more to offer than a “cool logo”.

It’s all good! The execution of the Harley pin was poor…like you mentioned they could have tied in Sturgis and many other thing to make it great but they didn’t. In todays world if I could envision a Harley pin it would have a soundtrack of Judas Priest, Motörhead, and Jackyl. Hells Angels LE and Banditos Premium. Mayans MC pro. LOL!

And I do like the GD but it just would be bad as a pin.

#96 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I think pretty much everyone is in agreement that toy story 4 is also a bad theme

Quoted from Krupps4:

lol wat, do you not understand how themes work? Theres few things less appealing to me than a Harley, but its super easy to see how that works as a pinball theme. Probably why its been done 2+ times

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

their music isn’t rocking

Tell me you don't know their music without telling me you don't know their music :eyeroll:

Quoted from Pickle:

and the stage show isn’t full of flames/fire/pyrotechnics and puts me to sleep

If you need a stage show and pyrotechnics to supplement the music, you have shite taste in music.

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

A JP or Motörhead pin would sell more than most people think.

Dozens of middle aged guys would come out of mom's basement to line up for both of those. Just like Rush fans, minus the pretention, but with more body odor.

#99 1 year ago

Id be totally down for a Motorhead pin, and I put on my Old Spice deodorant this morning.
    Plus I dont even have a basement.

A0EE6FF8-05DF-47F5-9174-D53686CE8404 (resized).jpegA0EE6FF8-05DF-47F5-9174-D53686CE8404 (resized).jpeg
    #100 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Id be totally down for a Motorhead pin, and I put on my Old Spice deodorant this morning.
    Plus I dont even have a basement.[quoted image]

Freeport Florida... so no basements because of the swamp. Is it a trailer in the backyard? I keed, I keed.

There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eagles-pinball/page/2?hl=dcrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.