(Topic ID: 235666)

eager beaver tech help

By creepykenny

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creepykenny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

edited title for possible assistance - see post below

any one have a scan of the eager beaver schematics that they could send me?
    almost done with this one but there are still couple things left for me to sort out and tracing these faded wires is painfully tedious
    thanks Kenny

#2 5 years ago

SO, i am having a problem with the right hand Blue stand up target not registering points, it does activate the "blue" relay under the play field but no points are scored, the RH Red stand up behaves correctly scoring points & activating the red relay as it should

so its either a broken wire or a dirty switch if i can only locate it, this is where the schematic or a partial would be a huge help

#3 5 years ago

well, finally figured this one out, for some reason the target itself was at fault, ground lug not transferring to the grounding leafs of the target - i know not why nor do i question, i only fix or die
    with a medium sized course file i clean a side of the leaf switch stack til it shines, then flow a generous amount of fresh solder to bridge all of the grounding leaves together
    switch now works as it should

now to figure out why the ball count stepper relay occasionally wants to bounce (yes it bounces during reset) from the ball 1 position to the ball 2 position at game start - is it the tension spring or a dirty switch some how causing this ???

then i be done with this damn eager beaver

#4 5 years ago

may as well up date my own thread, ball count stepper had a sticky lever in it causing its inconsistent positioning at game starts - rubbing alcohol & cotton swabs cleaned it up rather quickly now all is fine there

then found ball gate switch controlling the shoot again relay was shorting to its metal cover so it never turned off - easy fix with a piece of electrical tape

next up: LH target has issues with staying in the up position & then bonus lamp stepper seems to be just a hair off

#5 5 years ago

to fix the hang ups and odd scoring i ended up just taking the under playfield bonus stepper apart to give it a good cleaning and it is now working 100%

to fix the flaky LH target i had to loosen the target assembly and re position it as best as possible to the right then bend the target slightly to get it to behave so thats fixed too

waxed & polished that nasty beaver then returned it to its rightful owner with the hopes it never darkens my doorstep again

#7 5 years ago

i totally agree, both steppers in the back box were frozen/locked in place by said lubricants and the under the playfield unit while it wasn't completely locked up it didn't move smoothly or freely
    should have documented & posted the flipper mech repairs & modifications i did on this one - they were really worn out in many ways,
    one of my goals was to keep the expenses to a minimum but still bring it back to life, overall the game turned out nice and played well, the little flippers being exceptionally snappy

most of my costs ended up in the pop bumpers - other than the rings everything else had to be replaced

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creepykenny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eager-beaver-schematics-?tu=creepykenny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.