Topic Stats

• 171 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by joe2012
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 35 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN4895_(resized).JPG
DSCN4887_(resized).JPG
DSCN4886_(resized).JPG
DSCN4879_(resized).JPG
03-8063_(resized).jpg
DSCN4877_(resized).JPG
Oregon_State_Beavers_logo27_(resized).png
Beaver-Dam-Sign-2-610x250_(resized).jpg
two-beavers-sitting-on-the-edge-of-their-pond-grooming-and-seeming-e1ad5b_(resized).jpg
regal-beagle-300x225_(resized).jpg
guestroom_(resized).jpg
download_(1)_(resized).jpg
RBS_(resized).jpg
HardontheBeaver_(resized).jpg
plan1_(resized).jpg
DSCN4857_(resized).JPG

There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 4 years ago

For some reason I find myself looking for one. Is it over rated? I guess the only way to find out is to snatch one up.

#2 4 years ago

Truly the holy grail for many. Most enjoyable wizard mode there is. Don't go NIB though. That's a seal you don't want to break.

#3 4 years ago

All the Beavers I've met have always been eager.

rd

#4 4 years ago

I heard there's a few Eager Beaver down at the Regal Beagle....if you can pry them away from Mr. Furley.

#6 4 years ago

I had an eager beaver at one time. I got married and once the playfield started wearing, I hardly seem to play it anymore.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I had an eager beaver at one time. I got married and once the playfield started wearing, I hardly seem to play it anymore.

Careful, neglected beavers have a way of getting played with or without you.

#8 4 years ago

I love the artwork on the BG and PF.
I wanted this pin so much, I ended up buying two of them,
First one unfortunately arrived from NAVL with a broken BG,
due mostly to poor packing by the seller
(a renowned pin collector who should have known better).
Love the gameplay, mostly cause there are no outlanes and it has a center post
to help with the wide gap between the flippers.

brokenEagerBeaverBackglass.jpg

puzzlepiecesofeagerbeaver.jpg

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

it has a center post
to help with the wide gap between the flippers.

Yeah, that looks like a huge gap. I can see why they put a post there.

#11 4 years ago

When I was younger I liked long ball times but lately I find short ball times and fast drains more appealing, especially when more than one player is involved. It looks like Eager Beaver may fit the bill.

#12 4 years ago

I have added my search to the marketplace-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-wtb-eager-beaver

#13 4 years ago

Umm.... I always figured you are more of a Totem player.

#14 4 years ago

Only when I'm alone.

#15 4 years ago

OK. Someone has to be 'Captain Obvious'.

Eager Beaver could be a real tough find. 1,301 assembled, way back in 1965. There can not be many remaining. With 3 drop targets, 4 pop bumpers, 2 kickers, and even an illuminated marquee.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Eager Beaver could be a real tough find. 1,301 assembled, way back in 1965. There can not be many remaining.

Sure, but most of my EM collection is like that now. Not many made and not many left. And some very nice condition. This may not be the place to find a Beaver but it's worth a try.

Quoted from Darcy:

With 3 drop targets, 4 pop bumpers, 2 kickers, and even an illuminated marquee.

That's what I'm talkin' bout'

#17 4 years ago

I think I'll go downtown and try to locate an Eager Beaver.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Post of the year

#19 4 years ago

I had an Eager Beaver once and put it next to my Super Chubbie. That old woody nearly caught on fire.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2429&picno=45116

image-1.jpg

#20 4 years ago

Your humor is cringe-worthy at best. Absolutely, completely, the most unfunny threads. Is my uncle bob alive from beyond the grave? Posting uncreative, pun laden, disinterested slime. You are a detriment to the pinball community, and a tier 4 poster. Welcome to the d list. May God have mercy on your soul.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Umm.... I always figured you are more of a Totem player.

Pretty sure I'm the biggest Totem player around here.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Your humor is cringe-worthy at best. Absolutely, completely, the most unfunny threads. Is my uncle bob alive from beyond the grave? Posting uncreative, pun laden, disinterested slime. You are a detriment to the pinball community, and a tier 4 poster. Welcome to the d list. May God have mercy on your soul.

Wow, would you like some
vaseline.jpg
for your hurting
pussy.jpg

#23 4 years ago

"Double Entendre". A slip of the tongue can create many laughs. The original Muppet Show, Toy Story, use the double entendre to the extreme.

#24 4 years ago

Odin you offend me with such vulgarity on this forum. You should be ashamed of yourself

Hahaha

#25 4 years ago

I can see how someone might think I'm an asshole It must run in the family. Besides that though I really do have a spot to fill and if it is not going to be Eager Beaver or Fun House then I would consider something else. Strongly.

DSCN3911.JPG

#26 4 years ago

So what is the going rate for an Eager Beaver? My research is showing it at $450, but that seems high to me. Hope I can find a good one for much cheaper. Unfortunately they are kind of a high-maintenance type of machine.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

So what is the going rate for an Eager Beaver? My research is showing it at $450, but that seems high to me. Hope I can find a good one for much cheaper. Unfortunately they are kind of a high-maintenance type of machine.

Beware the cheap beaver.

It is true they can be high-maintenance but clean shiny balls will help.

#28 4 years ago

Its my understanding that Stern will be re-issuing the Eager Beaver in three price ranges.

Pro - Blonde
Premium - Brunette
LE - Red Head

Mezelmods will be selling an after market bikini wax.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can see how someone might think I'm an asshole It must run in the family. Besides that though I really do have a spot to fill and if it is not going to be Eager Beaver or Fun House then I would consider something else. Strongly.
DSCN3911.JPG

That Surf Side is gorgeous! I barely missed one a couple years ago. Does it play half as good as it looks?

#30 4 years ago

They're all gorgeous. And they all play great.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I'm betting I put the high score on more Eager Beaver when I was 16 years old than you have your entire life.
What a fucking douche.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Maintenance on one of these is not a problem for me. In fact I will take a non working one and bring it back to life. I would pay at least $450 for a decent example. All I need to do is find one..

6 months later
#33 3 years ago

Another bump for the Beaver!

I'm still looking.....

#34 3 years ago

Wouldn't you try to shave a little off the price of a nice one?

#35 3 years ago

If it was extra clean that wouldn't be necessary. But if it hasn't been well maintained I'd hope they would trim a little off.

#36 3 years ago

I'm restoring one right now:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1965-williams-eager-beaver-restoration-thread

You can contact sign-King on eBay. He put this up and it ended below reserve. Not sure if he made a deal or anything after that.
ebay.com link

#37 3 years ago

I want yours! But don't you dare clear coat that playfield.

#38 3 years ago

What do you suggest to protect it? Unfortunately it seems 2pac or the highway around here. I would be more into a "vintage" protector like lacquer but no one on here se ms to have good opinions of anything else, at least what I could see.

I really feel like waxing for light HUO isn't enough.

Also where are you located? I'm not partial for this but just want "a pin"

#39 3 years ago

I use three coats of wax and we play the heck out of them. Not a problem. Williams used a very good topcoat in the 60s. Even if you get thru that the paint will be protected as long as you use good balls. Clear Coat will change the way the game plays, for ever.

#40 3 years ago

Have you done any touch ups and waxed over Them? Have an example of a waxed 60's PF?

#41 3 years ago

Yep. I have seen your playfield and it is very nice the way it is, If the backglass is nice too please keep me in mind if you decide to sell it. I don't care what the cabinet looks like.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Have an example of a waxed 60's PF?

I triple waxed this Big Daddy about a year ago now and it has seen a lot of play since then and there are some touch ups here and there.

DSCN4369_(resized).JPG

#43 3 years ago

Your wouldn't even advise an acrylic lacquer? I did use ME to clean and like in my posts some areas were diffucilt to clean and wore some paint if not damn close. At least the lacquer is dissolvable with ipa, and adds some more protection before wax.

That's why I was curious about the original clear coat and if I could replicate it. It's held up this good for 56 years soo.

Fyi BG: minor paint loss.

image_(resized).jpg

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Also where are you located? I'm not partial for this but just want "a pin"

I'm in So Cal but I've got a couple pins leaving and don't mind shipping. I want an Eager Beaver and the one on E-bay had a roached backglass or I would have bid on it.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Fyi BG: minor paint loss.

That's not bad. I wouldn't mess with it. I have some that are worse but do remember how old it is.

I'll take it!

#46 3 years ago

How did you clean/polish those 2" flippers!! they look great.

#47 3 years ago

They just came that way. Some others have seen better days, but I have a few spares now.

3 months later
#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I heard there's a few Eager Beaver down at the Regal Beagle....if you can pry them away from Mr. Furley.

I'm working that angle right now.

18113Mr_Furley_at_the_Reagle_Beagle_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#49 3 years ago

I can feel it in my bones that the hunt for an Eager Beaver is finally reaching a climax.

e0a8114179af1c78bf3e9d4af0ff8c114637f2d9_(resized).jpeg

#50 3 years ago

I actually picture you living there OD, with all yer pins at Larrys. Except MET. I know that one's next to your headboard, ready for a snuggle.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 50.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.50
$ 24.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 1,400.00
$ 47.00
$ 40.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
Lighting - Interactive
TheDudeMods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside