7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by John_I
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Too bad this will never happen with pinball. Kind of cool the console people have made it to the next level stage with $1.2 million prize pot.

http://www.e-league.com/

#2 7 years ago

Yes, very cool! I'd love to see pinball as popular or more so someday. Never say never..

#3 7 years ago

It's even bigger in Asia and there is a ridiculous amount of money being dumped into it. Unfortunately, pinball will never come remotely close to the scale of e-sports, but that's a good thing.

#4 7 years ago

Pinball could use a little more excitement in the commentary booth.

Right now it's treated like golf at best. I'd like to see more screaming and freaking out like in e sports.

#5 7 years ago

I saw a big Super Smash Bros tournament on TV with what seemed to be thousands of people there.

Perhaps all these e-sports will pull pinball up along with them.

#6 7 years ago

eSports have a lot of money in them because of corporate sponsorships. All of pinball doesn't even make up a fraction of that cash.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinball could use a little more excitement in the commentary booth.
    Right now it's treated like golf at best. I'd like to see more screaming and freaking out like in e sports.

All depends on the commentator. Some have made it seem incredibly exciting, some have made it seem more "golf like", as you said.

I also enjoy when commentators joke around and get off topic. Competitive pinball can become an incredible grind at times, and just hearing that same thing talked about over and over can get a little boring (and would be incredibly boring to those not as interested in competitive pinball).

#8 7 years ago

PAPA does a good job and I enjoy listening to Bowen Kerins. Besides being a great player, he's a great commentator.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from highdef:

PAPA does a good job and I enjoy listening to Bowen Kerins. Besides being a great player, he's a great commentator.

Agreed. PAPA has quite a few good commentators.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/e-league-on-tbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.