(Topic ID: 252821)

E-122-124 transformer

By Sparkplug1

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Capt Fantastic transformer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparkplug1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hey guys! First post here. I acquired a captain fantastic machine the other day and I'm fairly certain the transformer is toast. I'm getting 110 to it and 0 out of it. I removed all fuses to isolate if and still got 0 from it. Am I correct in my thought that it is in fact dead? And, how would I go about getting a new or refurbished one?

#3 4 years ago

Using a fluke mm. I'm getting 0 off of every leg I'm going across. I'm not home right now unfortunately. Still thinking about it though. Driving myself crazy. I have no power anywhere when I flip the switch to turn it on.

#5 4 years ago

Yep that's what I was going off of. I measured every spot on there and came up with nada. It's the 115 setup. I thought that maybe I could have power draw so I pulled all fuses and check the transformer again. Still nothing.

#7 4 years ago

Yep. I have power going to the transformer but nothing at all coming out. I thought maybe it could be possible I had something pulling it down but even after removing all fuses, still 0 coming off the transformer.

#9 4 years ago

43k ohms on the 115 side. Jumps all over on the output side. up in the hundreds though.

#10 4 years ago

Rechecked it. Was on a dirty spot apparently. I'm getting 17k on the 115 and 20k on the output side. I'd say she's toast

#11 4 years ago

Question is now do I get a new one?

#13 4 years ago

I'm not sure of the life it has had. Bought it from a guy who said it didn't power on. I have one fuse that has been replaced with a 15A. Should be a 10A

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparkplug1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/e-122-124-transformer?tu=sparkplug1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.