(Topic ID: 252821)

E-122-124 transformer

By Sparkplug1

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Capt Fantastic transformer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sparkplug1:

Question is now do I get a new one?

Don't forget the 2nd (and very important) question: Did something in the pin go bad, causing the transformer to fail? First check would be to look at the fuses for proper ratings (i.e. Did someone put in a higher rating fuse, causing the xformer to fail instead of blowing a fuse when something went south?).

Toasting a replacement transformer would be an expensive lesson learned... As MarkG mentioned above, transformers have a low failure rate. They are just wires and a core...not much to go wrong. Not impossible tho.

#14 4 years ago

Which version do you have? EM or SS?

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

"Capt. Fantastic" is an EM only. Unless it's the dopey home version.

Only asked that since ipdb.com showed both versions. But after revisiting, ipdb doesn't show any qty for the SS version. So I bet your comment is right. Just double checking!
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#18 4 years ago

This is one of the fuses that protects the transformer. If it was 15A, then there is a chance that the transformer might have been damaged if the pin had a short somewhere. So was that the fuse that should have been 10A?

I did notice the other two are 15A. Were those correct?

#19 4 years ago

With the pin off and unplugged, remove the fuse and use an ohm meter to measure the resistance between these two points.

I don't know what would be a good reading, but someone on Pinside should have an answer.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/e-122-124-transformer?tu=mbwalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.