IMG_5897.JPG
IMG_5899.JPG
IMG_5894.JPG
IMG_5891.JPG
IMG_5890.JPG
IMG_5889.JPG
IMG_5888.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Decided that LW3 was lacking some playfield toys and the red wire/blue wire bomb drop targets obviously needed an upgrade. Since the game calls out hitting the red wire or blue wire targets to diffuse the bombs, it was a no brainer to draw more attention to this aspect of game play aside from only the playfield art.

So my wife and I made these bombs for under $5 each. Actually made 3 of them, but only used 2. Also just have to find a watch face at the flea market for the right drop target bomb. The other one I bought for $1 just was too large.

The middle bomb also hides a broken plastic and I removed the stupid cat plastic that was there. Gay.

IMG_5879.JPGIMG_5879.JPG
IMG_5888.JPGIMG_5888.JPG
IMG_5889.JPGIMG_5889.JPG
IMG_5890.JPGIMG_5890.JPG
IMG_5891.JPGIMG_5891.JPG
IMG_5894.JPGIMG_5894.JPG
IMG_5897.JPGIMG_5897.JPG
IMG_5899.JPGIMG_5899.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Cool, nice addition!

#3 10 years ago

That's really good!

#4 10 years ago

Looks good.. looks like it is time to change out the rubbers on that game, the one under that mod looks like it is about to fall apart..

#5 10 years ago

Good idea!

Not normally one for mods, but i like this...could be a project for tomorrow.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Looks good.. looks like it is time to change out the rubbers on that game, the one under that mod looks like it is about to fall apart..

Rubbers and LEDs are on the way. Yeah, rubbers are probably the originals and are loose and worn as hell. Waiting for all of that to arrive before tearing down playfield and cleaning everything.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Rubbers and LEDs are on the way. Yeah, rubbers are probably the originals and are loose and worn as hell. Waiting for all of that to arrive before tearing down playfield and cleaning everything.

Simple project.

1 dowel rod from Home Depot/Lowes - each piece is cut to 3.5" long
1 small can red spray paint
Black electrical tape
Red and blue wire
Broken watch faces
Glue

And I eyeballed the dynamite sticks and watch and actually they are perfectly sized to the playfield art.

#8 10 years ago

Played about 20 games and love this mod. Totally looks like the bombs belong where they are and do not look out of place.

#9 10 years ago

nice, was going to do the same thing on ac/dc (i know somebody already did) but was thinking of adding the word dynamite on the paper.

i does look like it belong there.

#10 10 years ago

I saw those ACDC dynamite sticks when searching around for ideas on making mine. No need to spend $20 for someone else's work when these are so simple and cheap to DIY. Plus, you'll then have a custom, unique, mod that no one else can buy.

#11 10 years ago

When I still had mine, I bought some mini dollhouse toilets. Was going to recreate the bathroom scene by mounting a roll of toilet paper that said "BOOM!"

I like the dynamite though, ties into the drop targets nicely

#12 10 years ago

That is great!

#13 10 years ago

Nice work!

#14 10 years ago

Those mods are.....er, da bomb!!!

1 month later
#15 10 years ago

That looks great and I may have to do something like this. However, do you have any interest in selling the plastics that you removed from the play field in order to install the TNT??? I would be very interested.

#16 10 years ago

I didn't remove the plastics for the dynamite, they sit on the plastics and are stuck on with double sided tape.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,800 (OBO)
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dynamite-diy-mod-for-lethal-weapon-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.