IMG_4850.jpg
IMG_4849.jpg
image-1080.jpg
image-294.jpg
image-70.jpg
image-428.jpg
IMG_4794.JPG
image-169.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 10 years ago

I was going to do some star post LEDS in the pop bumper area of my DW, and tie them into the pops. I like how they look in that area when they flash, otherwise I keep them tied to GI.

4 weeks later
#50 10 years ago

Looks great! When/if I ever do a restore on mine, I will be using this as the standard for sure.

After seeing how your metal on your MPF looks....I need to get an ultrasonic cleaner!

10 months later
#124 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

the before and after shots are fun now…..

………that there this an after

IMG_6758.JPG 382 KB

IMG_4232.jpg 435 KB

Amazing how much better the game looks when not faded!

#159 9 years ago

^watching the restoration with interest on the dome! Mine is not bad but not great, and these have been NLA for a long time.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Made a "cliffy" for the TE cover today. Used an old cabinet rail. Not a beauty like a Cliffy but will do.
So I took a piece of blue painters tape and stuck it to the underside of the front of the TE cover above the center target. I took this piece and laid it, ink side down, onto the cabinet rail and ran my finger over it to transfer my tracing.
You do need a cobalt drill bit as a regular bit can be a bitch to get through the SS. I used a 1/8" bit. After drilling two holes they connected themselves and I used the cutter edge to clean it out.
This is what you end up with. I have already marked about a 1/8" around the traced mark for my rough cut.

I cut it out with a Dremel. Please wear safety glasses as Dremel cutters will just explode at random sometimes.
After sanding out the rough edges you edges you get this. ..

Then check for fit.

I then wet sand all the edges so there are no burs or sharp spots and then grain the SS back to original.

Only cost the price of 3 cutter wheels and took about 20 minutes.

IMG_4402.jpg 235 KB

IMG_4401.jpg 221 KB

IMG_4403.JPG 368 KB

IMG_4404.jpg 165 KB

SWEET. I just used small washers, and this blows those out of the water!

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I was worried about the area above the target. Cliffy makes some for Wh2O boulders that work great that are similar to this.

I agree! Send a template to him, he may be willing to build those. It really is a nice clean design, very impressive.

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from TAB:

If you want to install a new mini-pf - take attention of the position of the nuts.
My one has them a little bit too high. So the mini-pf sits on the playfield.
Must cut it a little bit.
It's a CPR.
Seams i am the only one with this problem, but want to give a info

SDC11946.jpg 63 KB

If you don't want to cut the pf, you can enlongate the holes on the mounting bracket.

2 weeks later
#246 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Door came today
I was given the door by a friend in the hobby. It is the appropriate style for this era WPC and they seem to be pretty hard to find. I had another Pinsider offer to "restore" the door for me. As it was the door had four rivets on the bevel that needed to be repaired. This is how it arrived.

Harness on the door was never cleaned nor were any parts tumbled.

Service switch bracket was missing by a screw and was just dangling in place.

As of now I have completely disassembled the "restored" door and am giving it a proper restoration.
Should have it done by the middle of the week.

Hmm..I have a buddy with a box or 2 full of NOS WPC coindoors from that era. He gave me one for my DW in payment for work I have done. Maybe I should get one for my WH2O as well. No clue they were hard to find!

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I've never seen complete NOS doors of this era! I've got a NOS skin, but it's just the skin. Been saving it for that 'special' restoration.

I can post a pic of mine (still in the plastic bag!) when I get home. I am thinking I may have got a smokin deal

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Dealing with a TE opto issue. R1 and L1 are not working. New boards. Going to remove them tomorrow night and see if I can figure it out.

I have an issue with mine on the far left. I am pretty sure I am going to have to replace a wire between one of the boards and the connectors.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I made some shields for the optos.

image-169.jpg 202 KB

Not sure what shields i am looking at. Can you post another pic? I am curious!

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I used the body from a mechanical pencil to make shields for the outside optos on the mini playfield.
I was getting light interference from other light bounce off of the inside of the paper light shield. This did the trick.

IMG_4794.JPG 194 KB

That is an awesome idea! How did you cut them down? Dremel?

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Just used a sharp utility knife.
Idea is not my own. I searched and found a thread that a guy made something similar. Faz was in on that thread as well. I can't say enough for his MPF guide. Shit is top notch. I owe the man many beers.

I am gonna give it a go, but pretty sure my issue in on the board or the harness.

1 week later
#318 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Mine had been repaired(attempted at least) before it came to me. The ring and shaft
Are attached. The gear and shaft have seperated. I attempted a repair but it obviously didn't hold.
I did see the repair with the set screw but mine doesn't have a flat
spot on it.

I had mine welded at a local shop. Total cost was 3 bucks. Might be worth looking in to.

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

THAT WAS CHEAP! The silver solder is more than that alone. It is like 20 bucks a stick at least if not more depending on the silver content. Your welder is a very nice guy! I asked our local shop to do it who we powdercoat for and he wanted 25 bucks! I would have done it but I have no silver solder left! The set screw was free and works awesome.

It was just a random shop I chose. Guy was very helpful and was curious as to what it was for. When I told him a pinball, his eyes lit up and we ended up talking for about 45 mins about games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
£ 110.00
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dw-restore?tu=dsuperbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.