(Topic ID: 266284)

DW no test report, credit dot

By eyeamred2u

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

My Doctor Who is giving me credit.dot and no test report. I have done the following:
    New MPU with all new chips and NVRAM
    Driver board rebuilt by Chris Hibler works 100%
    All optos new, and all boards new

Game starts normal, but when I go to lock a ball on the right lock, it just sits there, then ejects it. That switch works in T1 Switch test. Is this tied to the trough switches in any way?

#2 4 years ago

Are you sure it's not a flaky switch?
    I'm not sure if that's an opto (doubt it) but i'd make sure switch is sitting correctly and maybe re-solder the wires and diode to the switch

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

Are you sure it's not a flaky switch?
    I'm not sure if that's an opto (doubt it) but i'd make sure switch is sitting correctly and maybe re-solder the wires and diode to the switch

It is an opto pair. Going to look at the wiring to verify it is not broken or loose.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dw-no-test-report-credit-dot?hl=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.