(Topic ID: 72255)

DW MPF Hey CPR my Doctor is NOT a "DUD" / "ODDBALL"!!

By Fairground

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MPF diagram (resized).jpg
image.jpg
IMG_8964.jpg
013 (2).JPG
071 (2).JPG
007 (2).JPG
103.JPG
092.JPG
100.JPG
046 (3).JPG
045.JPG
035.JPG
034.JPG
001 (2).JPG
001 (4).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago

CORRECTION > CPR made 1 run of these, not 2. All of the wood was all cut at the same time from the same Digital Cad file on the same CNC machine. The only difference was in the Screenprinting, which has nothing to do with the mechanics, size, or shape of the wood.

There were no problems with this playfield. As with ALL Pinball machines made back in the day > they were assembled by hand and had no templates to work from. Workers would simply line things up & put a screw into place as they saw fit. This is why no 2, 3, 4, 100 (used) Playfields will ever have the "exact" same mounting holes. As we have mentioned many times in the past you need to be careful & line things up according to a proper fit on "your" machine.

As noted on the CPR Install Guides Page:
http://classicplayfields.com/guides.html
"For crucial hardware (flipper mechanics, ball trough, etc), don't just plunge screws into the dimples without checking the physical position of the hardware itself. Always check that your hardware is in its proper position, then look to see where the screw holes in the hardware are positioned. If they are over the dimples, great. If they are not, slightly move the part and see if the dimples are close by. Make a judgement call on either following the dimples, or not following the dimples in those cases. Proper (or better) positioning takes precedence over following the dimples. Don't feel "stuck" to the dimples! Remember, our dimple pattern is based on one
playfield, and through the thousands of original playfields made back at the factory, parts were hand-screwed via a template. Every original playfield is slightly different in where the parts were drilled-in. This is normal. Go slow, it will all work."

I sympathize with the OP on his troubles installing this MPF, as I have also stumbled with my own PF swaps, and I am very aware of "lining things up for proper fit" BEFOR trying to mount anything down. The hiccups are with the machine (of which no 2 are the same due to the way they were built/assembled) > not with a new part that was manufactured all the same from Digital files.

You have to take your time, line things up, and double check everything for proper fit Prior to mounting. I hate the way pins were manufactured by hand back in the day but this is what we all have to deal with in restoring our pins.

Quoted from Methos:

CPR made two runs - a solid blue and a blue with pinpoints, or dots. Do we know which run had the problem

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 110.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dw-mpf-hey-cpr-my-doctor-is-not-a-dud-oddball?tu=stu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.