Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by gcp
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1765 (1).jpg
IMG_1766.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider terryb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago

The whit-xxx wire goes to the unbanded side of the diode. The grn-xxx wire goes through the switch and then to the banded side of the diode. There's a picture of this setup at the top of the switch matrix diagram in the manual. Below the matrix is a drawing of a generic switch circuit.

3 weeks later
#12 4 years ago

I presume you don't have a schematic for the wobble head kit?

I would contact whoever makes the kit.

Quoted from Clnilsen:

As a dumb question regarding diodes; how fragile is a diode? I had to fight with it to get it released from the board, and I hope that I didn't screw up the diode in trying to flip it around.

Pretty sturdy, unless it's 20 years old and then who knows. Test the diode with a meter and you'll know for sure: meter in diode/continuity and will read OL in one direction and .5-.7 in the other direction.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

So, just to check this - I unsoldered it and reversed the direction of the diode on the board. It *did* solve the slam-tilt problem so at least the game is playable now, but now the head wiggle test fails (which it didn't before).

Rather then reverse the diode, can you swap the row and column wires going to the kit. So put the diode back in it's original position and switch the row and column wires.

#18 4 years ago

Without schematics or the machine in front of me I'm not sure how much help I can be. Have a look at the theory section of the following article and it may help explain the purpose of the diodes and why weird things are happening.

http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/repair-guides/146-switch-matrix-theory-and-troubleshooting

Detailed photos from ArcadeTechNerd might help also.

#23 4 years ago

You may have created the error when the switch was wired in backwards, and it sounds like there are some issues with removing error.

If not done already, I would put the diode back in it's original orientation and then wire it up so the switch matrix doesn't flip out. Then give it a shot and see if you're just getting a false error message.

#25 4 years ago

Congrats. You're now a switch matrix wizard!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider terryb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside