(Topic ID: 102211)

Dutch Pinball - What about Evil Dead/Army of Darkness? Maybe The Room???

By zsciaeount

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by S37VEN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1302928894.png
    1302708687.png
    1302708913.png
    1302709034.png
    1302708604.png
    1302708557.png
    1302708460.png
    1301926093.png
    Necronomicon2.jpg
    Necronomicon.jpg
    Necronomicon1.jpg
    images-379.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

After DP finishes up Lebowski, I'd love to see them tackle another cult favorite: Evil Dead. Just think of the modes that you could have with Army of Darkness:

1) Shots to say the magic words - on "Nicto," you try to hit the ramp, and a magnet keeps rejecting it until you hit it a third time.

2) Battle the she-witch mode

3) Rebuilding the glove mode

4) Battle the Army of the Dead.

5) Mini Evil-Ash minion mode, followed by a fight with the two-headed Ash

Imagine all of the callouts, the possibilities. I'd love to see this happen.

#2 9 years ago

Wizard mode - make a number of shots to get transported back home - make the right sequence and you progress to the final S-Mart battle. Miss and you get the alternate ending where Ash wakes up 1000 years in the future when all civilization has been wiped out.

#3 9 years ago

Hail to the king baby.

images-379.jpgimages-379.jpg
    #4 9 years ago

Automatic buy

#5 9 years ago

I would buy this in a heartbeat. One of my all time favorite movies. The one liners alone would be epic in a pinball.

#6 9 years ago

There's already a campaign to convince Spooky to try this.

#7 9 years ago

If Spooky will try this, I'd love to see the DP guys take a run at Pulp Fiction.....

#8 9 years ago

This is brilliant. I just convinced my wife to watch Army of Darkness a couple of weeks ago because she had never seen it. She did not get it........
    -Kyros

#9 9 years ago

Well, if Spooky does it, I think DP should do a pin based on The Room. Imagine, a pinball that makes no sense, but it oddly compelling.

Modes:

1) Johnny and Mark fight mode

2) "Oh hi doggie" bash toy

3) Drops that look like pictures of spoons

4) Tossing the football mode

5) Citizens arrest of Chris-R mode

6) A Peter/Stephen shot where the actual ball changes for seemingly no reason whatsoever

7) "You are tearing me apart, Lisa!" frenzy mode, where you destroy the apartment

A "got the test results" mode that starts, and then suddenly stops without explanation

9) Sex scene modes, which are just 2 of the same modes repeated nearly shot-for-shot

The possibilities would be endless!

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from zsciaeount:

Well, if Spooky does it, I think DP should do a pin based on The Room.

"I did not hit her, I did not! Oh hi Mark."

The Rifftrax audio commentary to this movie is hilarious.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kyrosfear:

This is brilliant. I just convinced my wife to watch Army of Darkness a couple of weeks ago because she had never seen it. She did not get it........
    -Kyros

Same with my wife, and I have shown the movie to her over a dozen times. My son gets it though....his name is Ash

#12 9 years ago

First you want to kill me, now you want to kiss me. Blow.

#13 9 years ago

Yo She-bitch... let's go!

The amazing "force" sound effect from Evil Dead 2 (one of the best tension-building sound effects ever used in a movie), could run for a few seconds, with a "through-the-forest" dot animation every time you lock a ball. Getting sucked into the time portal for multiball start... oldsmobile crashes after the drain to end multiball.

wow

(brilliant idea for a theme, hope somebody does it)

For some reason I think Campbell, Raimi would love the idea too. So much possible fun to be had. The call-outs would simply be the most fun of any theme I can imagine.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

Same with my wife, and I have shown the movie to her over a dozen times. My son gets it though....his name is Ash

Well played.
    "Give me some sugar baby."
    -Kyros

#15 9 years ago

When you coin up and hit start: "Well, hellooo, Mr. Fancy Pants."

#16 9 years ago

I've suggested this theme in multiple threads. I feel ya.
    Bubba Ho-Tep, while not as popular as AoD, would make another fine theme for Bruce Campbell fans imo.
    http://www.bubbahotep.com/

#17 9 years ago

Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle...

I made this Necronomicon box a couple years ago. My daughter snatched it up & keeps trinkets in it. We love AoD.

The eyes & teeth glow in the dark too.

Necronomicon.jpgNecronomicon.jpg

Necronomicon1.jpgNecronomicon1.jpg

Necronomicon2.jpgNecronomicon2.jpg

#18 9 years ago

I think they will do the ghostbusters.

1 month later
    #19 9 years ago

This was on IFC tonight! What a hilarious movie! I wish this would get made. It could be so perfect.

#20 9 years ago

"Thanks, I could use a good horse blanket".

Too many call outs.....

#21 9 years ago

So, assuming AoD/Evil Dead is not produced by a boutique, what would be the best existing pin to re-skin for this theme?

#22 9 years ago

Pulp Fiction or Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' would be fine with me.

#23 9 years ago

Army of Darkness? Sweet!

Wait, The Room? Perhaps a mode where you hit drop targets to "throw" the football around to your friends in tuxedos for no apparent reason. Or the "Oh, Hi Mark" ramp. Or a rooftop deck upper playfield with nothing to shoot at.

#24 9 years ago

AoD is a classic, my wife doesn't truly understand it either...it must be a guy thing. This would be an awesome title due to fact that almost the entire movie could be incorporated into a pin.

#25 9 years ago

I'd be all over an Army of Darkness pin.

That's my "dream theme" for a machine.

#26 9 years ago

Custom speech by Bruce Campbell on an Evil Dead pin, would be epic!

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

I'd settle for lots and lots of movie quotes, though.

AoD is full of lines that are just pure awesome.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Bruce is a pretty down to earth guy. If this ever came into production, he'd probably do the custom speech for free. I would buy this theme in a heartbeat, especially if DP got the license.

2 weeks later
    #29 9 years ago

Looks like Army of Darkness is going to become a TV series!!!!

http://perezhilton.com/2014-11-11-evil-dead-tv-series-starz-bruce-campbell&ctn=2

#30 9 years ago

Made one in 2009. If you havent seen it here are some pics.
    And video

1301926093.png1301926093.png
    1302708460.png1302708460.png
    1302708557.png1302708557.png
    1302708604.png1302708604.png
    1302709034.png1302709034.png
    1302708913.png1302708913.png
    1302708687.png1302708687.png
    1302928894.png1302928894.png

#31 9 years ago

I would rather see JJP do EvilDead, Spooky will make it to happy and while there is humour to be had that movie is evil and needs to be done right. DP might be able to pull it off, but I think they should do Blade Runner. how about Pat Lawlor doing EvilDead for JJP. That's my bit.

#32 9 years ago

You found me beautiful once. Honey , you got real ugly
    Op, add a poll....how many of us will buy? Count me in for one. Let's get this up north of 100, 200?
    Horror + 80's memories (for us 40 and 50 year olds) + Bruce Campbell = $$$$$ for whoever builds it

#33 9 years ago

I think it would be an awesome theme; even better than TWD. However, how much appeal does cult classics have across the spectrum of pinball fans? Can these themes be too narrow? I thought the same with TBL even though that is another one of my favorites.

#34 9 years ago

JJP for this licence will be cool, however I think no one better than spooky on AOD pin as those guys are real fans of the movie. I will order one the same day it is announce if done by Charlie and Ben.

1 month later
    #35 9 years ago

AoD would be an absolutely killer pin. Evil Dead would be too disjointed.

#36 9 years ago

Ok...I am going to throw this out there... If we are talking adult theme's why not Heavy Metal? Great art, cult following, and awesome soundtrack. DP could really knock it out of the park!

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Glarrownage:

So, assuming AoD/Evil Dead is not produced by a boutique, what would be the best existing pin to re-skin for this theme?

Metallica?

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kyrosfear:

Well played.
    "Give me some sugar baby."
    -Kyros

Uh...are you asking Roland to give you some sugar?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dutch-pinball-what-about-evil-deadarmy-of-darkness and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.