(Topic ID: 12151)

Dutch Pinball & The Bride of Pinbot (DMD P-Roc Mod)

By TheStranger

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7tbmf.jpeg
DP_BOP_right_cabinet.jpg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

I've recently been getting more and more into The Bride of Pinbot. I love it more than on first my impressions and have been researching it since it looks I now want to purchase it in the future. So I came across Dutch Pinball and the DMD mod they are creating at the moment for the game using the P-Roc modification system.

I am now super interesting in the implementation of the DMD and new rules for The Bride of Pinbot. Anyone know anything about this project? It seems it is purely a passion project so it gets done when it gets done. Hopefully sometime in 2013 we have a new The Machine to play. Awesome.

#2 12 years ago

Last time I heard is that the development on the product has slowed.

#3 12 years ago

Well that's lame. I'm sure the project undertaking is more than what was expected.

#4 12 years ago

Yeah, I was hoping they would have it done by now.

#5 12 years ago

Hey guys, I'm the programmer on the project.
Check out the blog post from ~2 months ago: http://dutchpinball.blogspot.com/

If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer them.

Cheers, Koen

#6 12 years ago

I have been eagerly awaiting this as well. I also want someone to program a PROC to allow you to play Pinbot on a Jackbot.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer them.

Hi Koen,

I'm another newbie who has been pretty enamored with your progress on BoP. I do have a couple of questions for you:

1. Will you and your BoP be at the Chicago Expo this year?
2. Any estimated date of completion for this project?
3. Do you have additional P-ROC projects you'd like to tackle after BoP?

Thanks for stopping by,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

#8 12 years ago

Hey Ryan,

1. I'm considering Expo this year.. it comes down to cost for me, the trip can get expensive from Europe.
2. Nope... doesn't make sense to make promises we might not be able to keep. So "when it's done". If I can make it to Expo that will probably accelerate things quite a bit.
3. I'm thinking about doing new software for SEGA's X-Files myself.. I'm a fan of the series and there's a lot of source material out there. For the Dutch Pinball team I think a retheme or original pinball is more likely. But we won't start another project till we finish the Bride.

Cheers,

Koen

#9 12 years ago

Dutch Pinball has mentioned possibly doing Funhouse. Now that should be the project after The Machine. It's a high profile game with about 10,000 machines produced, so demand should be there for an upgrade. The rules are probably solid enough. DMD animations and possibly new higher grade DCS sound should be an upgrade enough.

#10 12 years ago

As soon as you guys get this out I will be sorry I sold my BOP.

#11 12 years ago

Any thoughts on having Stephanie Rogers do some new dialog for the game?

She only charged Williams $50 for her work last time, maybe she would do it today for $100...

http://www.hipchick.com/bio/

#12 12 years ago

Hey Koen. A recommendation. Keep the audio the same as the original. The music and sounds are already beautiful. If it is not broken don't fix it. Adding that new score is just going to further delay the release. DMD animations and new rules seem more than enough.

#13 12 years ago

No way Im getting rid of the Bride till I can try this out. Cant wait till this is released!

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from TheStranger:

Dutch Pinball has mentioned possibly doing Funhouse. Now that should be the project after The Machine. It's a high profile game with about 10,000 machines produced, so demand should be there for an upgrade. The rules are probably solid enough.

I definitely would like to see that along with Whirlwind.

6 months later
#15 11 years ago

from Dutch Pinball's Twitter feed

Next week around this time we will leave for Amsterdam with our Bride. It will be playable all weekend at the Dutch Pinball Open. c u there!

12:43 AM - 28 Sep 12 · Details

1 week later
#16 11 years ago

Saw this machine yesterday live in action and it is amazing !
Music, dmd animations, everything is impressive and really of professional quality.

#17 11 years ago

Anyone have video?? Would love to see.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

Anyone have video?? Would love to see.

+10

#19 11 years ago

Saw the game today at the Dutch Pinball Open and spoke with Koen. Played 2 short games on it and it's simply gorgeous. Great sound packages, very nice new cabinet artwork, great animations and interesting new ruleset.

DP_BOP_right_cabinet.jpgDP_BOP_right_cabinet.jpg

#20 11 years ago

Holy crap @ new cabinet art.

#21 11 years ago

Wow, that cabinet looks badass! Now those decals I would buy, but I'm having a hard time to shell out 300 for the originals. Any new gameplay videos out there?

#22 11 years ago

Great potential...Find a nice BOP for $1200, add $300 for Decals and $500 (lets hoping) for DMD package and have a new DMD kick ass game for $2K.

#23 11 years ago

The P-roc brain is over $300 all by itself.

#24 11 years ago

Yeah I'm a little curious as to what the price tag on the conversion kit would be. My guess is it will be closer to 1k though.

#25 11 years ago

Ok, so $2500....Still potentially better than some NIB $7K games.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Ok, so $2500....Still potentially better than some NIB $7K games.

+1

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Great potential...Find a nice BOP for $1200, add $300 for Decals and $500 (lets hoping) for DMD package and have a new DMD kick ass game for $2K.

More like 2 games as you will be able to switch back and froth with the original software.

#28 11 years ago

I've had the pleasure of playing the Bride of Pinbot 2.0 at the DPO 2012 and what a pleasure it was!
An enjoyment for the ear and eye. Beautiful animations and great sound (no, not the original sounds).
The subwoofer makes the machine vibrate like a shakermotor.
The rules are very differend. You will have to land the shuttle first, then shoot the heartbeat ramp to activate each of the 3 locks.
When you get all ball locked there's the multiball.
There is so much going on on the playfield, it's very hard to tell (for me) what you need to do.
I know there is a super jackpot and much more, but you will have to play the game to see them.

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

#29 11 years ago

Here's another pic from the expo with bonus Matrix action

7tbmf.jpeg7tbmf.jpeg

#30 11 years ago

I've been told by Koen and Barry they will try to put up a new video online soon. However, the location where they shOt the first video was shut down in the mean time. In the room on the phot above were als a very loud The Martix, ACDC BIBLE, X-Men and a AFM w Color DMD. Today The Machine was fitted with a headphone for players, else they could not hear the great soundpackage of the game. Great project! Too bad I didn't get to play a few more games today.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I've been told by Koen and Barry they will try to put up a new video online soon. However, the location where they shit the first video was shut down in the mean time. In the room on the phot above were als a very loud The Martix, ACDC BIBLE, X-Men and a AFM w Color DMD. Today The Machine was fitted with a headphone for players, else they could not hear the great soundpackage of the game. Great project! Too bad I didn't get to play a few more games today.

No swearing! Check your spelling, Jonathan

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

However, the location where they shit the first video was shut down in the mean time.

They probably had to clean up the mess.

Dave.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

They probably had to clean up the mess.
Dave.

ROTFLMAO

#34 11 years ago

When....whennnnn.....whennnnnnnmnn??????

#35 11 years ago

Any news from the DPO? Who won the main tournament, who was in the final?

Cheers

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Hey Ryan,
1. I'm considering Expo this year.. it comes down to cost for me, the trip can get expensive from Europe.
2. Nope... doesn't make sense to make promises we might not be able to keep. So "when it's done". If I can make it to Expo that will probably accelerate things quite a bit.
3. I'm thinking about doing new software for SEGA's X-files myself.. I'm a fan of the series and there's a lot of source material out there. For the Dutch Pinball team I think a retheme or original pinball is more likely. But we won't start another project till we finish the Bride.
Cheers,
Koen

Hope you make it to expo! I want to see her!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from roadshow16:

Any news from the DPO? Who won the main tournament, who was in the final?

Although slightly off topic: in the main tournament Jasper van Eeden won by beating Albert Nomden in the finals.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

Hope you make it to expo! I want to see her!

Sorry, no Expo this year.

As Jonathan stated above, we will make a new video soon about the Bride in its current state. Also we'll give our website an overhaul with more information about how this project will unfold and so on.

Right now we can't answer any questions about kits, pricing etc. The only thing we can tell you right now is that eventually you will be able to transform your Bride and that the game will be challenging, story telling and way more fun than the original. And (DMD) animations and music/sound are unlike anything out on the market right now.

Please be patient, the wait may be long but the quality of the end product is going to make it worthwhile. Please keep in mind that this is (as mentioned above) a "passion project", which is why we cannot make a statement on release-date (if we were making full time hours this would be much easier), right now I'd say expect it to be at least another year..

Stay tuned for some video footage in the next couple of weeks, I'll post them here.

Cheers, Koen
(Programmer at Dutch Pinball)

#40 11 years ago

Koen,

It's obvious the Americans are foaming at the mouth for this. Get them while they're hot and get this update packaged up!!! ok, im one of them too.

#41 11 years ago

Thanks Steve.. but we aim for top quality instead of quick money!

5 months later
#42 11 years ago

Hope you can chose to have original rule set and sounds off a menu at coin up. Would like original with some nice DMD graphics.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Hope you can chose to have original rule set and sounds off a menu at coin up. Would like original with some nice DMD graphics.

You mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/cqd624VBeUk?autoplay=1&rel=0

#44 11 years ago

Yes, thank you. I want to beta test!!

#45 11 years ago

That's awesome, won't have to change boards back and forth like I thought !

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

How well does this work with a real dmd?

? That *is* a real DMD in the video...

#48 11 years ago

every time i see an update I have to reconsider getting rid of mine ;o] get this sucker released!

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

? That *is* a real DMD in the video...

Hard to tell, looks like an lcd in the video. Wasn't sure what it was because they said that the classic bride rom is run via pinmame. I know other videos have been dmd.

#50 11 years ago

Oh, sorry. Yeah, all graphics are on a real DMD. PinMAME with P-ROC support is designed to drive the graphics through an original DMD. The BOP PinMAME code is compiled to simulate a 7 segment display on the DMD so you can run the original game code and still have that classic 7 segment display, but nonetheless, the hardware itself is a real DMD.

Sorry for any confusion!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.95
$ 9.99
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dutch-pinball-the-bride-of-pinbot-dmd-p-roc-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.