Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Rensh
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Corbis-42-26412570.jpg
    Stern-WalkingDead-Pro-CabinetL-01a.jpg
    Stern-WalkingDead-Pro-CabinetL-01a.jpg
    bert_en_jack_kopie_1.png
    bert_en_jack_kopie_1.png
    DSC06390.JPG
    Steve tells about ST and DPO.png
    Steve tells about ST and DPO.png
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Steve tells about ST and DPO.pngSteve tells about ST and DPO.pngAfter a succesfull event in 2013 (won by Zachary Sharpe) the date for the event in 2014 has been set on 1&2 november.

DSC06390.JPGDSC06390.JPG

Review on 2013 version can be seen at http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/dpo2013/index.html

So, reserve these dates in your agenda and perhaps you can hold the cup this year

Edit 25th august :

Website http://www.nfvpinball.nl/wedstrijden/dpo/ !

Steve announces changes in ST : http://www.nfvpinball.nl/steve-ritchie-star-trek-dpo-2014/

Steve tells about ST and DPO.pngSteve tells about ST and DPO.png

Edit 31st august

Announcement Jack from JJP is coming to !

bert_en_jack_kopie_1.pngbert_en_jack_kopie_1.png

Edit 16th september

With the compliments of sponsor Ministry of Pinball Austin Powers gives his opinion on DPO 2014

More details on the DPO event can be seen also at https://pinside.com/pinball/events/dutch-pinball-open-dpo-2014

Edit 22nd september

Thanks to sponsor Ministry of Pinball TWD PRO can be played at booth MoP

Stern-WalkingDead-Pro-CabinetL-01a.jpgStern-WalkingDead-Pro-CabinetL-01a.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I am half asleep, but somehow read the thread title as "dutch oven."

2 months later
    #3 10 years ago

BIGGER, BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER

Have you always been jealous on your wife when she enjoys fairs with her friends, and returns home with great stories? Wouldn’t you be willing to miss (or share) your friend for a weekend, for the ultimate pinball experience? Then DPO Expo 2014 is the place to be.

Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger. The members of Daft Punk couldn’t have phrased it better. Think about more pinball machines, more vendors, national and international speakers, sidegames, great food, ‘Meat & Greed’ (yes!) with a pinball celebrity, signature sessions but most important Atmosphere with the capital P of Passion.

There are plenty of ideas ‘behind the Dot Matrix Screens’ and hard work is being done already, to realize as many as ideas with a DPO-team which has never been this big and this eager. And this is all done for you. When you prefer spending the weekend with your parents in law in a holiday bungalow, go ahead. But don’t be upset afterwards, when you hear all the great stories from those who participated. After all, you got a warning.

Negotiations with international celebrities have already succeeded. Nobody less than Steve Ritchie (see Steve on Wikipedia) will be visiting the country of tulips, wooden shoes and windmills and Steve will attend DPO Expo 2014 !

DUTCH PINBALL, ‘THE BIG LEBOWSKI’

And do not forget that 2014 is going to be a remarkable year, also for the Dutch Pinball Industry. It has seen the start of the first Dutch pinball factory. The team members of Dutch Pinball will attend DPO Expo 2014. For the true pinball enthusiasts, a big new development like this, is already more than enough reason to be there.

AND OF COURSE…

Of course still the tournaments will be there. After the American victory in 2013 (Zachary Sharpe), with an excellent 2nd place for ‘our’ Dutch Taco Wouters, the NFV-members will do their utmost to get the trophy back to Holland again. And we challenge all the players from abroad to keep us from getting it.

So, follow http://dpo.nfvpinball.nl and our NFV-Facebookpage (https://www.facebook.com/nfvpinball) as more info will be revealed when available.

4 months later
    #4 9 years ago

Event is now added in the event section of pinside

#5 9 years ago

For us here in the States, could you provide us with a little bit more information on hotels, local fare and things of that sort? Would appreciate it Looks like a good time. I may actually consider going to this.

3 weeks later
    #6 9 years ago

DPOteam has been wrking hard to get everything on the road and all details on the website and pleased to inform you that that work is done.

Coming to DPO is, among other, Steve Ritchie. Has been very nice working with Steve Ritchie in organizing his visit to the DPO and he was kind of enough to give us the headup on his work on ST and changes we can expect for the next version

Steve tells about ST and DPO.pngSteve tells about ST and DPO.png

Want to know what he says? Than click http://www.nfvpinball.nl/steve-ritchie-star-trek-dpo-2014/

Besides Steve also Dutch PInball will show off the Big Lebowski and Silver Castle Pinball will reveal more of their Timeshock

Wanna visit DPO? Than also visit the other DPO webpages at http://www.nfvpinball.nl/wedstrijden/dpo/, they are available in English and Dutch now. In for a challenge? Than participate in the competition, you will have to beat Cayle George who is attending DPO to

See you in Holland in november (or in Chicago in october) !!

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

I may actually consider going to this.

You can also come to Belgium to visit Chimay and taste our wonderfull beers

#8 9 years ago

Cool! Another pinball event in my agenda! I have just booked my room. Looking forward to another DPO and hope to meet many European Pinsiders!

#9 9 years ago

Do you have the date for next year. I was too late seeing this post today for this year, but I might like to get ahead booking for next year.

Looking forward to seeing a report about this years.

#10 9 years ago

Thanks - DPO looks like an event that is worth sitting in the car for some hours
    I will try to get there. When will registration for the tournament be open?

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from frg:

When will registration for the tournament be open?

It already is:
    http://www.nfvpinball.nl/tickets-dpo/

#12 9 years ago

Cool - thanks!
    If my wife does not veto - see you there.

#13 9 years ago

Steve's movie is awesome.

#14 9 years ago

Exact date for 2015 is unknown yet but we always aim for 1st weekend November. It depends however also on availability of the location (this changes every year).

So pls be patient till end 2014/ start 2015

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rensh:

Exact date for 2015 is unknown yet but we always aim for 1st weekend November. It depends however also on availability of the location (this changes every year).
    So pls be patient till end 2014/ start 2015

I was a bit confused by this comment and so re-read the first post. I had seen the date 25th August (today) which I took to be the date, I didn't notice the date a couple of lines up saying 1st and 2nd of November. I was being a Muppet basically. I'll try and get there.

Excellent.

#16 9 years ago

Dear muppet man

Thanks for letting me know your reason for the confusion. Changed my post slightly to hopefully make more clear that 25tj august was meant as EDIT date.

Hope to see you in NL !!

#17 9 years ago

Could you please list the full address details on here so that there is no confusion (especially for me!)

Much appreciated.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Muppet_Man:

Could you please list the full address details on here so that there is no confusion (especially for me!)
    Much appreciated.

Good question, see https://pinside.com/pinball/events/dutch-pinball-open-dpo-2014 for details to among which also location.

Adress is

Voorste Venne
    Anton Pieckplein
    5152 LZ Drunen
    Netherlands
    www.voorstevenne.nl

#19 9 years ago

Many thanks.

#20 9 years ago

Bump for a great video

#21 9 years ago

Swinging bell button is shear genius!!

#22 9 years ago

Haha that topper isn't the worst I've seen.

#23 9 years ago

In case you were still wondering why the heck you should visit the Dutch Pinball Open this year, then for sure the following announcement will convince you:

In association with our sponsor Ministry of Pinball we're very proud that we can announce that "Jersey" Jack Guarnieri will be at the Dutch Pinball Open this year also! As everybody knows, Jack is the founder of Jersey Jack Pinball and with the Wizard of Oz and later this year The Hobbit is setting a new standard in the pinball world!

So with "The King of Flow" Steve Ritchie and "Jersey" Jack Guarnieri, hundreds of Pinball machines, food, drinks and the best pinball players of the world, the only person we miss is you! So be there on the 1st and 2nd of November in Drunen!

Stay tuned for more exiting news as we believe we have more treats for you very shortly!

bert_en_jack_kopie_1.pngbert_en_jack_kopie_1.png

#24 9 years ago

Bump for this great news

#25 9 years ago

This is getting better every time I look. Looking forward to it.

#26 9 years ago

Cool!

Don't forget to put yourself on the "I'm going" list, if you're going to be there:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events/dutch-pinball-open-dpo-2014

I'm looking forward to this years DPO more than any other. It's gonna be a blast! I hope I'll get to meet some Pinsiders over there!

#27 9 years ago

Had to look it up but I'm giving Benelux a thumbs up. Go Team Benelux! Oh, and it sounds like the Dutch Open is the place to be this year.

2 weeks later
    #28 9 years ago

“Yeah baby yeah!
    It’s the Horny Happening of the year!
    Fat Bastard Gerard tells me The Dutch Pinball Open returns to Drunen! It’s gonna be a Monster Bash in the Theatre of Magic man! So put down your shmoke & a pancake & listen up to the wise words from the Ministry of Pinball baby!
    This year will be bigger, better, faster, stronger – your balls will be slamming all over the place and an electric atmosphere that will make you feel you’re on a rocket fuelled verticalupkicker baby!
    We’ve got Shagadelic Steve Ritchie, Jack from JJP and as forJasmijn de Jong, well I never forget a pussy…cat, pussycat – I’d work her flippers anytime, Grrr yeah Baby!
    Release your captive balls but beware explosive kickout holes – ouch baby, very ouch!
    Never mind Goldmember : He is from Holland. Isn't that vierd? Yesh! you can’t beat the Lure of Silver Balls baby!
    The Dutch Pinball Open – Drunen – Have you Wizards got the balls for it baby?!”

#29 9 years ago

I hope to meet and greet with some Pinsiders this year! Sticky'ing this thread to make that happen!

I might try and set up some kind of unofficial get-together at a later time (first I have to survive Expo). Stay tuned!

Groooovy!

#30 9 years ago

yeah baby yeah.

See you all in Drunen Netherlands !! Pinball center of the universe

#31 9 years ago

I'll be there !!

#32 9 years ago

Bump for a great vid and tournament

#33 9 years ago

Besides great guests like Steve Ritchie, Jack Guarnieri, Jean-Paul de Win, Dutch Pinball and Silver Castle Pinball, Santiago Ciuffo - the Argentinean photographer, known for his book PINBALL - will also be present.

#34 9 years ago

Thanks to sponsor Ministry of Pinball we are pleased to announce that the latest from Stern, the TWD PRO, can be played at MoP booth

Stern-WalkingDead-Pro-CabinetL-01a.jpgStern-WalkingDead-Pro-CabinetL-01a.jpg

#35 9 years ago

and the greatest pinball player of holland according the pinball rankings will be present too lol

#36 9 years ago

We went last year and we loved it. We are no competition players and we sure did not get bored for a sec!

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from DutchTommy:

and the greatest pinball player of holland according the pinball rankings will be present too lol

Humble as always pfff

#38 9 years ago

is Roy so great !? i know i'm greater than him, and i'm only 1.80 meter...

(lol again)

3 weeks later
    #39 9 years ago

Great news.

The Hobbit will fly this weekend to Europe and is expected to be at DPO if the transport all goes well
    So another reason to visit DPO and see the newest JJP creation with your own eyes
    And don't forget, jack will be there too to meet you

As mentioned earlier, another hot news on expo, TBL from DP, will be there to in playable version !

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rensh:

Great news.
    The Hobbit will fly this weekend to Europe and is expected to be at DPO if the transport all goes well
    So another reason to visit DPO and see the newest JJP creation with your own eyes
    And don't forget, jack will be there too to meet you
    As mentioned earlier, another hot news on expo, TBL from DP, will be there to in playable version !

Cool. Now we can make a comparison between TH and TBL. Im am there

#41 9 years ago

If i only could find my NFV membership card .....

Been a member a long time, maybe now is the time to make my first visit to the DPO

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

If i only could find my NFV membership card .....
    Been a member a long time, maybe now is the time to make my first visit to the DPO

No membership card required

Come on man, Breda Drunen is 15 car-minutes. Come and enjoy the best expo of all time

#43 9 years ago

I will be at the DPO too.
    To promote (and sell) my Bridge Boards for Williams machines.
    There you can find me working on some new Tech Chart files for the Williams system 11 games.
    Feel free to ask me any questions about score and instruction cards, Tech Charts or the Bridge Board.
    Find me on saturday at the Classic Match.

Peter
    www.inkochnito.nl

#44 9 years ago

Can you go to this if not pre-registered? I'll be cruising through NL that weekend, but website says registration is closed.

#45 9 years ago

You can always try. Perhaps there are some "no shows"....
    At least you will have a good time playing pinball.
    And you can visit my table too.

#46 9 years ago

No worries

Quoted from ozuba:Can you go to this if not pre-registered? I'll be cruising through NL that weekend, but website says registration is closed.

No worries, you can go also when you are not registred. Preregistration is mainly for tournament players so that the organization can prep as much as possible. Max is 196 players and 'only' 153 have preregistered so if you come saturdaymorning I expect no issues if you want to participate in tournament.

If you just want to come as visitor as a lot of people do no worries at all, always welcome

We will have approx 120 pinballs of which approx 40 are for tournament so plenty left for free play !!

1 week later
    #47 9 years ago

Thank you DPO people, compliments for the expo...i need to play more but first i need new fingers!

Corbis-42-26412570.jpgCorbis-42-26412570.jpg
    #48 9 years ago

So, DPO is over. We had a good time thanks to the many volunteers and sponsors and special guest like jack and Steve. Having the hobbit as first in Europe and TBL making his first public appearance in Europe also did help

So, see you in 2015

#49 9 years ago

Any Hobbit pictures!?

#50 9 years ago

Any new news on th? Was it the same proto as in Chicago? Or were there any changes made to it?

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dutch-pinball-open-2014-announced and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.