(Topic ID: 85814)

Dutch Pinball - legitimate manufacturer now?

By CraZ4Pin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Tsskinne
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Out of your element.jpg

#1 10 years ago

Just curious, but why isn't Dutch Pinball listed under Game Manufacturers in the sub-forum here? They still fall under "Boutique Pinball"? Don't they deserve a little more respect now with Pinbot 2.0 out there and a playfield design released for TBL? Looking at pics of their new shop/home they seem to really have their act together and might even be more legitimate then some of the other "Manufacturers" listed in the Game Manufacturers sub-forum, no?

#2 10 years ago

I wouldn't think they're any more than boutique at this point.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I wouldn't think they're any more than boutique at this point.

Really? Why? I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious. What makes Skit-B (for example) a legitimate manufacturer versus these guys? These guys seem to have a pretty impressive manufacturing facility now and have produced BOP 2.0 and are well into TBL already (and announced their intentions to make many more games.)

#4 10 years ago

I think Skit-B is boutique too....

Other than Stern, JJP is the only other company to rate as pinball manufacturers right now, IMO.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Really? Why? I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious. What makes Skit-B (for example) a legitimate manufacturer versus these guys? These guys seem to have a pretty impressive manufacturing facility now and have produced BOP 2.0 and are well into TBL already (and announced their intentions to make many more games.)

Don't you have to have manufactured a game to be considered a manufacturer?

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Don't you have to have manufactured a game to be considered a manufacturer?

Given all the companies listed under "Game Manufacturers" I guess not. But I think you obviously need to be in the process of manufacturing a game and also there be enough evidence to suggest you have the means to see it through to production. IMO, I think Dutch Pinball is more legitimate than some others listed from what I've seen.

#7 10 years ago

This is a very complicated case, CraZ. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous. And, uh, a lotta strands to keep in my head, man.
    Lotta strands in ol' Duder's head.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous. And, uh, a lotta strands to keep in my head, man.
    Lotta strands in ol' Duder's head.

Thank goodness I have been drinking all day... not sure I would be able to understand your post if I hadn't been!

#9 10 years ago

Then you are out of your element. All I know is I am very excited for TBL.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Then you are out of your element. All I know is I am very excited for TBL.

Out of your element.jpgOut of your element.jpg

#11 10 years ago

Well played tracelifter.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dutch-pinball-legitimate-manufacturer-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.