(Topic ID: 27108)

Dutch Pinball's Bride of Pinbot (coming to Expo 2013!)

By pinbarry

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bride_chicago_tekst.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Hi,

There are already some videos and pictures out there of our updated Bride of Pinbot 2.0, but here's our own quick-and-dirty video showing some nice games being played at the Dutch Pinball Open 2012; shot last weekend in Amsterdam.

Players featured in the video are:

Roy Wils (Dutch and European Champion)
Martin Ayub (www.pinballnews.com)
Jasmijn de Jong (Winner DPO 2012 Women)
Helen de Haan-Verbeek (who set the Grand Champion score this weekend)

Check out the video:

Please keep in mind that our project isn't finished yet, there's still lots to do

We are planning a new video (without crowd and noise ) to show every aspect of our project so far.

Please let us know what you think!

Barry (and Koen)
Dutch Pinball

#3 7 years ago

Great video of a great game guys!

#4 7 years ago

Looks good. Watched the video but where and how are the face changes handled?
Could you also go over some of the changes. I mean obviously multiball is completely different. The but what else?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from sixsixtie:

Looks good. Watched the video but where and how are the face changes handled?Could you also go over some of the changes. I mean obviously multiball is completely different. The but what else?

It would be cool to have an in-progress rulesheet with updates when applicable.

#6 7 years ago

Does p-roc completely replace all boards, power and everything else? Do you only run the p-roc computer and boardset and nothing else?

If so, you can almost justify half the costs in the boardset you can sell. I would love a BOP, and further love to do this to it.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Does p-roc completely replace all boards, power and everything else? Do you only run the p-roc computer and boardset and nothing else?

In this case the P-ROC only replaces the CPU board. If you would build a complete custom machine it's possible to use the new boards from Pinballcontrollers in stead of all the 'old' boards like the PDB...

#8 7 years ago

machine looks cool, noticed a Matrix in the background at the 2min 55 sec, any videos of that anywhere?

#9 7 years ago

So far, the DMD is impressive and I am a big fan of the music and sound package. From the video, I see the 3-ball multiball and it looks great (chaotic too). Is the BoP face used to hold any of the balls like in the original? Are there other modes to start that rely on holding the balls in the eye sockets? As said before in this thread (or in another thread) seeing a rules sheet would be great if you want some feedback.

All in all, this is one of the main reasons why I bought a BoP last year since I was very excited about this. Keep up the great work!

#10 7 years ago

I'm also wondering if the billion-point shot is still incorporated into the game, even if it's now more difficult to attain. Afterall, there are still two large inserts on the playfield that say 1 BILLION.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

machine looks cool, noticed a Matrix in the background at the 2min 55 sec, any videos of that anywhere?

Check pinnovations.com

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Check pinnovations.com

i looked there, i didn't see anything. can you post a more specific link?

thanks

#13 7 years ago

It's actually Pinnovating, not Pinnovations. You should check out their Facebook page for the videos: http://www.facebook.com/Pinnovating

We (Dutch Pinball) are also moving our blog / twitter activity over to Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dutchpinball so make sure to like us if you want to keep updated.

Cheers, Koen

7 months later
#15 6 years ago

We are very excited to announce that the Bride of Pinbot 2.0 machine will be fully playable at this year's Pinball Expo in Chicago!!
It will be at Multimorphic's booth in the exhibitor hall, along with their P3 and various other P-ROC community projects.
From our team Barry and Koen will be there to present the machine, talk about the project, answer your questions etc.

Also we hope to have more information about kit prices & sales at Expo, currently we're trying to acquire the license(s) we need to sell a kit.

Stay tuned for updates as we work to make the game as complete as possible for Expo.
We look forward to meeting you all!

The Dutch Pinball team,

Barry Driessen - dots
Jules Reivers - sfx
Koen Heltzel - code

bride_chicago_tekst.jpg

#17 6 years ago

hell yeah! and i am so buying this.

#18 6 years ago

Machine : BOP is one of my top pins to get, I would get one of these kits just to keep in waiting. Looks awesome.

#19 6 years ago

Woo Hoo! Looks like I am going to the Chicago Expo again this year. I am definitley getting a kit for my Bride!

#20 6 years ago

Great news. Looking forward to seeing you guys at Expo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Prosper, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside