Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pokerag2
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1535 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20201114_173325_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_0853 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0854 (resized).JPG
    D0844719-1908-4E02-ABFE-A3328E3B2BE3 (resized).jpeg
    20190207_174948 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

Does anyone make dust covers for pinball machines? If not any suggestions for covering them?

#2 5 years ago

I use throw blankets for mine that match the theme. I have a Wizard of Oz throw over my WOZ, a Judge Dredd throw over my JD, and a Flash lightning bolt over my Flash machine. You can get away with the cheap China blankets on eBay since they are just PB covers. Work and look great so long as you dont wash them much... lol

#3 5 years ago

If you're not concerned with aesthetics, I've used grill covers in the past with a great deal of success. They fit surprisingly well and cost next to nothing. I used some while I did some drywall work, and it kept the machines MUCH cleaner than the area around them.

Edit to add: This only works with head of the game in the down position.

#5 5 years ago

Similar to Calfdemon, I use beach blankets that I have printed with a custom design from online printers (Snapfish is one of many).

#7 5 years ago

I have a handful of the ones from marco to block sunfade while my games are in view of windows at work. They work good and are priced okay, but could use some enhancements

widebody
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-PC-EWB

stern
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-PC-ES

wpc
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-PC-ESB

There is no magnet near the head hinge, freaking stupid. That corner flops down all the time. If that was added ("easy" to do afterward) they would be great on the body. The other main issue is the head is just a "bag" it is a pita to get on by yourself unless you can get behind the game and pull it over. My MMR cover has a cut along 1 side, that has velcro, so you get the bag on easy and just velcro the side. However I would still recommend if you need uv/dust protection without having to custom make them yourself.

#8 5 years ago

I hate the dust accumulating but I hate to cover my games, I feel like I would pass on playing too many times just because I don't feel like uncovering and recovering them. Easy enough to dust em off from time to time. I like to look at them when I'm not playing too so no sir I don't like it!

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from procks:

Does anyone make dust covers for pinball machines? If not any suggestions for covering them?

I play mine too much to cover them.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:

I use throw blankets for mine that match the theme. I have a Wizard of Oz throw over my WOZ, a Judge Dredd throw over my JD, and a Flash lightning bolt over my Flash machine. You can get away with the cheap China blankets on eBay since they are just PB covers. Work and look great so long as you dont wash them much... lol

This. I got a Star Wars towel from Target for DESW and have some blankets for my others. I don't cover them religiously though. I need to get some magnets so they don't slide off.

#11 5 years ago

Here are pics of mine with the themed throw blankets on them... just to give you an idea...

20190207_174948 (resized).jpg20190207_174948 (resized).jpg
    #12 5 years ago

Nice finds on the Marco and eBay covers. Any idea which one is right for TNA?

#13 5 years ago

I have themed covers like posted above, but on my son’s machine I decided to get this cover that is the actual picture of the playfield on a blanket/towel (InvisiCover) .D0844719-1908-4E02-ABFE-A3328E3B2BE3 (resized).jpegD0844719-1908-4E02-ABFE-A3328E3B2BE3 (resized).jpeg

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I have themed covers like posted above, but on on my sons machine I decided to get this cover that is the actual picture of the playfield on a blanket/towel (InvisiCover) .[quoted image]

Humm, I kinda like that idea of showing the playfield... I might try that in the future.

I just did some different/generic things to try and capture the theme:

IMG_0853 (resized).JPGIMG_0853 (resized).JPGIMG_0854 (resized).JPGIMG_0854 (resized).JPG
    3 months later
    #15 4 years ago

I'm striking out on finding a real cover for TnA. Both the eBay guy and marcospec.com can't deal with the siren on top. Is a generic sheet the best solution?

4 months later
    #16 4 years ago

Where are you guys getting those themed throw blankets?

4 weeks later
    #17 4 years ago

Anyone found something that fits TNA?

2 weeks later
    #18 4 years ago

How are you getting dust off your dust covers?

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

How are you getting dust off your dust covers?

I have another dust cover for covering that!, Chuck!

6 months later
    #20 3 years ago

How much dust could a dust bunny dust if a dust bunny could dust dust?

4 months later
    #21 3 years ago

I am on the fence to ordering a stern pinbal dust cover but I see this warning message.
    I have 2 baby boys.
    Anything to worry about? (it sounds like it...}
    Not sure to understand what this refers to...

Screenshot_20201114_173325_com.android.chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201114_173325_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
    #22 3 years ago
    Quoted from bazou:

I am on the fence to ordering a stern pinbal dust cover but I see this warning message.
    I have 2 baby boys.
    [quoted image]

It’s very likely that you have many products in your home with the same plastics. As long as your children aren’t eating them I think it’s probably fine. California requires this warning on almost every man made product

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from bazou:

I have 2 baby boys.
    [quoted image]

Every product sold in the US pretty much says this. I was buying a shovel at HD and it has this warning for California.

#24 3 years ago

OK thanks!

#25 3 years ago

Well actually it's only when you try to check out your cart that they let you know it is out of order...

Does anyone know if stern usually got new stocks for those dust covers please?
    https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/pinball-glass-dust-cover

Thanks

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from bazou:

Well actually it's only when you try to check out your cart that they let you know it is out of order...
    Does anyone know if stern usually got new stocks for those dust covers please?
    https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/pinball-glass-dust-cover
    Thanks

I think I was recently looking and Marco is out of stock too :/

5 months later
    #27 3 years ago

I'm looking for this Stern dust cover....

https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/black-pinball-dust-cover

It shows it's out of stock. Does anyone here know where I can find one or have one for sale?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Brian

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from procks:

If not any suggestions for covering them?

I have a suggestion. Don't cover them. Once a week grab the windex and some P towel. However in my basement I have a music studio and cover some of the gear. U can do plenty with cheap large BBQ covers. Grab a few and cut to desired dimensions. $20 a pop.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from HiBrianMichelle:

I'm looking for this Stern dust cover....
    https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/black-pinball-dust-cover
    It shows it's out of stock. Does anyone here know where I can find one or have one for sale?
    Thanks in advance for your help,
    Brian

To answer your question directly and tell you what you need to do.

Pinballlife has them
    https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-glass-dust-cover.html

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

To answer your question directly and tell you what you need to do.
    Pinballlife has them
    https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-glass-dust-cover.html

Thanks for your reply.

I've seen that one but that's not the one I'm looking for. I'm looking for the one that's in the link I originally posted...it covers the whole cabinet. I'm just what to keep the sun off the art work when it's not being played and this Stern cover will look better then the sheet I am using currently.

#31 3 years ago

This is what I have been using. I got them off ebay.

ebay.com link: Pinball Machine Dust Cover Protector Choose your Brand Type

My games are in my office/work shop. They get very dusty. Probably what a typical home game gets in a year I get in a week or two. They are not the greatest but they work. They also come with head covers that I dont use since they would be a pain to get them on and off since my games are pretty well packed in.

They also may not be the greatest to keep 100% of the light off them. You can shine a flashlight through them. They do have a heavy duty one that would probably be better if thats what you were after but I dont have one of those.

They also have magnets to keep them in place and its works great.

The standard size fits all my Williams/Bally/Stern/Spooky (TNA) games just fine. I did have to cut the hole for the plunger a little for Fish Tales and Star Trek Next Gen AND I removed all my Pin gulps holder thingy's. I dont miss them.

Hope this helps.

IMG_1535 (resized).jpgIMG_1535 (resized).jpg
    #32 3 years ago

i use pinshields.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from thc666:

i use pinshields.

OP needs a cover for the entire game to stop sun fade. The pinshield is just a dust on the glass.

The covers used to be decently common but I think everyone is sold out....

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrCleanHead:

This is what I have been using. I got them off ebay.
    ebay.com link: Pinball Machine Dust Cover Protector Choose your Brand Type
    My games are in my office/work shop. They get very dusty. Probably what a typical home game gets in a year I get in a week or two. They are not the greatest but they work. They also come with head covers that I dont use since they would be a pain to get them on and off since my games are pretty well packed in.
    They also may not be the greatest to keep 100% of the light off them. You can shine a flashlight through them. They do have a heavy duty one that would probably be better if thats what you were after but I dont have one of those.
    They also have magnets to keep them in place and its works great.
    The standard size fits all my Williams/Bally/Stern/Spooky (TNA) games just fine. I did have to cut the hole for the plunger a little for Fish Tales and Star Trek Next Gen AND I removed all my Pin gulps holder thingy's. I dont miss them.
    Hope this helps.
    [quoted image]

Thanks for your advice!
    Nice collection btw

1 year later
    #35 1 year ago

I have a few machines in the garage and the garage tends to get more dust than inside the home. I found a good cheap solution and I thought I would share the idea. I ended up using some old fitted bed sheets with the elastic corners. The sheet fits well going over the top of the backbox and covers the entire machine. It keeps the dust out well and is a good way to reuse old sheets.

#36 1 year ago

This thread needs a dust cover

#37 1 year ago

Also want to say that I do not like to cover my machines up in my home. I like to look at them and keeping them clean with Sprayway is easy. I do want to add that I have minimized the amount of dust with adding a small HEPA air filter to the game room(I feel it really helps).

#38 1 year ago

I have covered my machines a few different ways. I got the idea from a guy I bought my AFM from when he gave me his cover for the machine. Well hell then I had to cover them all. I have used the Stern covers with success but had to do some surgery on them. As northvibe said the hinge area was poorly designed so I had my wife sew some velcro straps on the cabinet part (that wrap around to the back) and the opposing velcro on the back of the head cover at the bottom. Works great now. Also if you have a topper, cut a hole for the topper and hem it up. These covers that I bought from Marco are not consistent in their sizing and some have been too short. I do not take off the top cover when I play. I just hike it back so its easier to put back on. I'm tall with a pretty good wingspan so reach is not an issue. If you want photos of my cover alterations I would be glad to share.
    As far as the TNA cover you might want to make one yourself. My wife has been nice enough to make about 3 covers for me (not her favorite thing to do). They have been made out of Ripstop (a PITA) and black cotton canvas. Another option is to see if the dimensions of the Marco covers will fit the TNA game and alter if needed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dust-cover-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.